Tuesday, April 13, 2021

AN ADDITION

 I am adding a little unimportant thing to my posts.  My dear friend Pat gave me a massive book of quotes.  Some are short and wise, some are long and boring.  I love quotes, even the long and boring ones.  So I am going to stick with the shorter ones and put one on my post each time.  But I will put it very last just before any pics so you can totally skip it if you prefer.  How can you tell I have waaaaaaay too much time on my hands these days?  LOL!!!!!

Pat came over yesterday and completely dealt with our garbage and recycling.  He flattened a ton of amazon boxes, he washed out fuzzy pots (fuzzy cuz I left them too long with food in them), he packaged up all the pop cans to take with him, he cleaned the drain in the corner of the deck so the lake of water would drain.  So amazing!  Meanwhile Monte and I got all the planters that need to be dumped off the deck and into the truck.  A trip to the forest is in the works.  We are getting the deck ready to power wash.  Our neighbour actually works at a place that rents all that stuff.  It will be so nice to get all the green slime and black crap off everything back there.  It isn't like nice dry Kamloops where that doesn't happen.  At least not as bad!

I have a list a mile long of stuff to do, stuff we have been putting off and putting off.  It's amazing how when its cold and raining and you live in fear of being killed by some little invisible asshole out to get you, you tend to lose your motivation.  But the sun is out now, its warm out and it's time!!!

  First on the list is the laundry room.  It looked so clean and wonderful when we bought the laundry units.  But now....somehow it ended up full of frigging furniture.  There are two couches in there!  And a huge red chair.  And a ton of other stuff.  So furniture is being removed, either back into the rec room or out into the shed.  It can't stay in the laundry room!  Plus there are many mysterious laundry piles lying around.  Methinks they migrated out of Mister Man's room.  Sigh.  (shovel list)

And it is time to do that one springtime job I hate the most.  BBQ cleaning time.  I will be enlisting Monte for that job but it means going back fifty times to get him to do it more thoroughly.  And he will be adding his smoker to the mix out there.  And there goes the deck!

I have also decided to get the van going.  We will be cleaning it out (I figure there are at least five garbage bags of stuff to toss in the van),  wash the inside down and I am going to convert it, my way, (which means cheap) to a camping and Costco run van.  The inside of that van is huge when the seats aren't in there.  So I can put down a thick foamy and bedding and there is still room for a cooler and a rubber maid full of camping stuff.  Oh and my little privacy tent and necessity bucket.  No Johnson bars for me, in the middle of the night especially.  I am excited to make a getaway van!  When I go visit rellies now I can just sleep in my G-Mobile instead of making people make up beds and wash sheets etc...  

This is something I have always wanted!!!!  Sometimes its just plain awesome to be single and free!  No mom, no dad, no husband, no kids, telling me what to do, just little old me doing what I want, the way I want.  Pretty selfish way to live but I figure thats the reward for making it to almost 70 serving everybody else.  Don't get me wrong!  I loved every single minute of it but I intend to love my G-Mobiling  just as much!

I have a video chat with a surgeon this morning.  Another cursed colonoscopy.  I guess the thing they found 3 or 4 years ago was cancer.  (I should have guessed...they took out half my colon for Pete's sake) But I never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer.  But my gp here told me all about it and it was scary.  If you are over 50, get checking.  If my doc in Kamloops hadn't insisted I would probably be in a world of hurt or dead right now.  But it does mean a colonoscopy every two years.  And somehow I have to make myself presentable from the neck up for this call.  (bucket list times a thousand)

Well as you can see I am back into Haiku. Bad ones but Haiku all the same.  I will keep the challenge part here short.  It's getting too long.

23.  Watch an anime movie.  Thats easy for me!  Monte has one downloaded he's been bugging me to watch for a long time.  So I guess this week it is!!!  If you can't get anime, watch animation.  Now that April has educated me its really interesting to watch. The one Monte has is Airbender: The Last Avatar.

As usual this stupid blogspot put everything out of order.  The other challenge and quote is after the pictures.

THE SALT CHUCK AND DOCK

THE NEW MARINA SPOT WE PARK AT, THE OTHER WAY FROM THE SALT CHUCK. THATS WHERE I PURLOINED ROCKS

THIS IS WHAT I SEE OUT MY FRONT WINDOW...LOTS OF TELEPHONE WIRES

OUR EASTER DINNER

THE VIEW UP THE STREET FROM THE MARINA

24.  Watch a travel show.  Another easy one.  We all probably do that anyway.  Rick Steves here we come!

So that's it for today.  Sorry it's so long.  I shall put my quote next which you can skip.  Have a great week this week.  The weather is the best we can have.  Sunny, blue sky, warm, not hot or cold.  Stay safe, noodle and do an oldster if you can.  TTYL

Quote:  There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in it's hands. You seek problems because you need their gifts.   -Richard Bach-






No comments:

Post a Comment