Friday, April 16, 2021

TAKING FOREVER

 I must not go out much.  It still isn't automatic for me to slap a mask on as soon as I head to the store.  I hardly ever go into a store.  We order everything from Walmart and do the curbside pickup.

  This morning I headed out the door to walk to QF and just as I got there realized I had not brought a mask. Had to turn around and head back.  Several times now I have gone into a store and been told to put one on.  You would think I would know by now.  I don't ever use a purse, or almost never, so keeping one in there isn't an option.

A quick note here:  the company that supports the email section of this blog is quitting.  So if you get my posts by email, you won't after July.  Sorry about that.  So far blogspot has not offered an alternative.  If they do between now and then I will attempt to set it up.

It is suddenly so beautiful out that it's hard to think here.  I love it when the sky is blue, the sun is hot, but the air is still fresh and cool.  Perfect!

I was headed to QF this morning for one purpose.  I really try to stay out of all stores, especially now with the evil variants out there, but Monte and I popped in there on the way home last nite to see if they had crispy chilli oil...they didn't, after all this is Port Alberni...the land of nothing. (reminds me of being on Maui, very limited choices in everything)  But as we entered we passed a tower of containers of Nanaimo bars!  They were super on sale but a huge no no at the moment and Monte hates them.  Can you imagine that?  Who can hate Nanaimo bars?  Anyway, they freeze super well so I am heading back there to buy several packs, freeze them properly, and take them on the family camping trip on Canada Day weekend.  Going to head over there again soon!....with a mask this time.

Now its evening, a beautiful evening.  Monte and I head out the door at around three.  We went to Starbucks then the drive in, old school drive in.  I wasn't getting anything but he got some sandwiches and we headed out to Paper Mill Dam, the swimming hole we always swim in.  It was beautiful out there.  A wonderful place for a picnic. A perfect ending to a pretty perfect day.

I have pretty much stopped watching all the Covid news.  It's bad.  We know it's bad.  It isn't going to stop.  There are just too many covidiots out there that don't give a crap for human beings. Monte and I have decided we won't be entering another establishment of any sort until the middle of May.  By then we should be as immune as we will be.  We will still be wearing masks though.

My only fear right now is that I have ten days to wait for my shot.  I am worried that between now and then the vaccines will either be delayed yet again or redirected to areas where so many people aren't careful and are flooding the hospital system.  I literally have a big old brick in my stomach and it is going to sit there until I feel that piece of steel go into my arm.  I simply do NOT trust the antiquated system canada is using to get the shots out.  Something went wrong somewhere...it is just too slow to be doing any good.  They had better be better prepared for the next pandemic.

I also heard, read, that there is a new variant coming out of India, and this one the vaccine doesn't work on.  And again, even though even little old me in Port Alberni knows about this, the powers that be have not made any mention of shutting the international flights down.  Until this is over, people coming to this country needs to stop.  If they don't, well then we know whose door to lay it on.

I agree with all those folks out there that it is time to shut things down...everything.  Travel, stores, ferries, airlines, everything except groceries...and that be completely controlled.  Yes the economy would take a big hit, but better that than everyone dead.

So now I am signing off....and if between now and next week I get an email or call cancelling my shot, I won't be doing a covid report next week.  I will be so upset and pissed off I don't trust myself to keep it decent.  For the first time I am completely in disagreement with B. Henry.  But of course there are so many people out there that hero worship her, she could personally kill people and it would be okay with them.  I'm done now.

Be safe, noodle, and look an oldster in the eye and see them.  TTYL


quote:

X never ever marks the spot

Indiana Jones


No comments:

Post a Comment