Tuesday, April 6, 2021

WAIT WAIT WAIT

 It seems to be taking forever to get our vaccines.  Now we have to do it by internet, first register, wait for a code, go back on with the code and get an appointment then wait again for that appointment.

  Meanwhile in Texas, with a population of 29 million, they have vaccinated enough people for herd immunity and they are back to business as usual.  I don't understand why we are that far behind.  In the end the buck stops with Mr. Butterflies and Unicorns who keeps promising us that things are going to speed up now.  Thanks Justin, I would rather you would say nothing cuz its NOT HAPPENING.

  If I hear of one more shipment either being delayed or not coming at all I will stamp my feet and say a bad swear.  This whole pandemic was badly handled from before it started.  They stopped the funding for pandemic supplies, they shut down the factories that could make vaccines, the top structure for managing all things virus was fractured.....read Bonnie's book.  She unfortunately was working from a deficit right from the jump.  And that squarely lands on the PMO.  She has done a phenomenal job in spite of that I feel.

  Anyway, this isn't a covid blog so on to another subject. Monte and I shared an Easter dinner last night.  I made scalloped potatoes (Betty Crocker, the only kind to have, a buck at the dollar store, au gratin plus a bag of shredded old cheddar), steamed cauliflower, broccoli and celery and a salad.  For desert I made a chocolate banana pie, (dollar store graham wafer crust, Dr. Oeker instant pudding, way too many sliced bananas, piles and piles of whipping cream, chocolate syrup drizzled over the top). Pork schnitzel and applesauce....made at BuyLow and carefully fried by moi.  It was delish!

We have discovered a new place to go park and drink coffee.  Its kind of a hidden little lane down to the marina.  Everybody goes to the Quay but this marina parking area is delightfully quiet and peopleless.  There is a garbage can there where I can clean out the truck of all our coffee cups and snack papers.  There is a perfect view of the mountain one way and the marina and salt chuck the other.  Also there is a gardeny area that is covered with little rocks, rocks that I can purloin for my own use!  I snagged two yesterday.

I am wondering, did anyone go without social media for a week?  During a pandemic I think it's unreasonable to ask this.  Not only are we seeing absolutely no one due to sheltering in place, but to not see them virtually is not right.  I know I sure didn't do this one and I threw out five things...happily!  I can't believe the amount of unnecessary junk I moved here!  

I also absolutely did not drink that amount of water.  Jeez!!!!  I did become more conscious of the amount of liquid I did take in.  And surprisingly its quite a bit.  Between actual water, coffee, ginger tea and a specialty venti decaf later in the day, apples and veg it was a fair amount.  I noticed I do drink more if I put Mio tang in my water. MMMM.... I love tang, always did.

Now for this weeks challenges:

21.  Write an entertaining story or poem from your life experiences.  Pick one and just write it!  I wrote a poem a day for 100 days, they were awful but it was totally fun.  If you really hate writing do a haiku.  5 syllables in the first line, 7 in the second and five in the last one.  And share it with me!!!!!  I would love to have some stories or poetry from you!  No judgement here...they couldn't possibly be worse than the hundred I wrote!

22.  Watch an Arthouse film.  And what the hell is an Arthouse film and how are we supposed to watch it? I sense another five things flinging out the door.  I will look it up and see what I can find out.

I took some pics I would like to put here.  But I used my Nikon so now I have to go and try to find my gadget that I use to down load the pics onto my lappy.  So here I go and whilst I am at I shall get five things to fling and buy myself the freedom to NOT watch an arthouse film.  It sounds foofoo and I am just not into foofoo anything.

Stay safe, get a shot, noodle and talk to an oldster.  Make someone's day if you can.  TTYL

ps. I can't put any pics on today.  I can't find my san disk reader anywhere. So I ordered one from Amazon and it will be here by April 13.  You shall be flooded with pics then!!

To encourage you:

OW

we went visiting

mom warned no asking for cake

I did...sore buttocks





2 comments:

  1. If it makes you feel any better, Texas had only vaccinated 15.9 % of its population. It takes at least 70% to reach herd immunity. Texas is open because its governor is a Trump supporting imbecile who thinks vulnerable folks can just die off. Many of the folks who live there are appalled.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope you get your vaccine soon. Its awful that it is taking so long 😔

    ReplyDelete