Friday, January 13, 2023

GRAEME!!!!!

 Monte and I had a fantastic trip down to Nanaimo.  We super visited and ended up at Costco right on time.  We dashed about and got our list.  I had given him most of the list as my butt was not up to too much dashing.  That guy is like an ace shopper.  I ran into him after I had one item in my buggy and he had everything on the list!!!  I don't know how the hell he does that.  We didn't stop for hot dogs or anything.

  Although we had a spat at the self check which I stomped away from and went and sat at a vacant table.  I was so mad.

  He is always telling me to move in the rudest way when he needs to be where I happen to be standing.  I was busy reorganizing the groceries in the buggy so I could move it out of the way and yells, MOVE! repeatedly.  Rudely.  I said don't talk to me like that and he says that I always talk to him like that and I said no I don't and he starts to....well I am going to call it Montyize the convo.  He hammers back endlessly with all kinds of stuff and NEVER STOPS!!!  He does that all the time if you don't agree with him.  So I dropped whatever I had in my hands, spun around, and marched away.  He could finish the damned order!  A few minutes later he came to the table all cheery and ready to go.  Grrrrr!!!!

We picked up Graeme, so good to see him!, and went to Carlos O'Brians for supper.  What fun!!!  Then a quick trip home.  Very uneventful thank goodness.  It was coming down in buckets out and the road was slippery.

We have done very little this week.  Graeme and Monte have been out for jaunts and visits to friends.  Last night Monte invited his friend Colton over for the evening.  He arrived with his husky, Juneau, a two year old female, which I had invited him to bring.  Holy crap!  A completely beautiful dog but so freaking hyper!  That dog crawled on the couch, behind the couch, under the coffee table and chairs, into the bathrooms, bedrooms and downstairs, all at a hundred miles an hour, leaping and jumping through the air.

After they left Ange texted me to let me know that she (the dog) had crapped on the laundry room floor. Jeez!!!!  They do NOT discipline that dog!  Monte had to clean it up and wasn't stoked about that!  He texted Colton and told him and I will say he offered to come back and clean it up.

Graeme has done a few things here that has helped hugely.  He hung a new light I bought for the living room.  I am tired of being in a too dark room that in their wisdom the builders did not feel the need to put a ceiling light in.  He also built my end table to put beside my chair and I have another one ready to build for a bedside table in my bedroom.  This makes me so happy.

We are still micro managing the hot water tank.  I do believe it is the thermostat that is faulty.  The water gets so hot now that the amount of cold coming in doesn't make it colder.  And from what I have read a hot water tank has a shut off when it gets too hot.  So I turn it on every two days, tell the household, get the dishwasher done, one load of laundry by someone, showers all around, then let it go off the next day.  And whilst doing this I remind my self that I am not having to haul the water five miles from a watering hole and heating a limited amount over an open fire. Could be worse.

Well now it is time to haul out the ham, seriously huge ham, the size of a piglet, out of the cooler outside and get my kitchen chainsaw going and hack it up.  I detect pea soup in our future!!!  Costco is definitely the king of all stores.  I have become used to shopping in regular grocery stores and even the paper towels are smaller.  This ham has to be two feet wide!

So we are taking Graeme back to Nanaimo on Sunday.  He is job hunting and needs to be available for interviews.  But he will be back!

So thats it for this week.  Take care and TTYL

'I consider that a man's brain is originally like a little empty attic, and you have to stock it with such furniture that you choose.'  Arthur Conan Doyle

-furniture that you have to build-



No comments:

Post a Comment