Wednesday, January 18, 2023

POSTY POST POST POST

 I can't believe there are still people reading this blog.  I have such a NOTHING life!!!

  I kinda noticed I was getting tired of my chair.  I found myself on google maps yesterday, as a distraction from mind numbing boredom, mapping out a trip to Omaha Nebraska.  A very dear friend lives there and he is on my bucket list.  I met him on one of our China trips and we became fast friends on fb.  I would so love to make a big sweeping driving trip that also included another couple I met on a cruise and we have communicated for years.  She and her husband live in California...Sherri!!!!!!  I would be so content and happy to see all three of those awesome people.

A trip we ARE planning in the spring is to Alberta.  I want to see Jen and the grandkids in a town just north of Calgary.  I also want to see Jen, my brother's daughter and family.  And......we would be making a two day stopover in Drumheller, Canada's dinosaur capital.  Monte is all gungho to do a two day visit there.  He is still so interested in dinosaurs, never out grew it!!!

I got a text/call from the Kevin household a couple of days ago.  Their truck was stolen.  Poor Kevin.  I am beginning to think he is living under a little black cloud.  It has been one thing after another, and now this.  The neighbour has a security camera and it showed the guy using the keys he stole when I was there.  And then he sawed the steering wheel apart and got the club off, started her up and took off, in the middle of the night.  I am not sure what was saddest, not having wheels in a very busy life or losing the last thing that was Bill's.  They are very aware when they are in the truck that it was a gift from Bill's deathbed.

Then last nite I got a call from Kevin, the police found it!!!  They found it in Kelowna and it looks like its just fine.  Thank goodness.  No way would they have obtained an amount equal to that Toyota Tacoma.  Plus they have the biggest dog on the planet.  Two big kids and a giant dog just wouldn't fit on the back seat of a Rav 4.  The biggest problem now is getting a new key.  To change the locks and get a fob cost about 800 bucks and he is probably going to have to get it done in Kelowna.  The Toyota in Penticton has to order it all and it can take weeks. Meanwhile there is a lowlife floating around with keys to the truck.

Well it's time to move to my bedroom.  The housekeeper is about to arrive.  The house is so neat and tidy right now, but dirty.  She hasn't been here for a month and the floors are showing it.  The sun is shining into my living room right now and it makes me happy!  Take care....TTYL

'Like sunshine, music is a powerful force that can instantly and almost chemically change your entire mood.'  Michael Fronti


MY RAYS OF SUNSHINE




No comments:

Post a Comment