Monday, January 9, 2023

TIP OF THE WEEK

I know a lot of you have electric can openers.  I don't.  I would if I had room and I hadn't read all the reviews on the internet.  None of them worked for long and they were expensive.

I had a fantastic can opener for years.  And I mean years.  It always worked.  Then about a year ago it just upped and disappeared.  Gone.  It probably got thrown out in a pile of peelings.  But...it had been acting up.  It was getting harder and harder to get right round a can without having to reposition it and keep a death grip squeeze on the handles.

And now started the great search.  I first went to Amazon, looked at all the look alikes to the old one. Read all the reviews and proceeded to spend 24 dollars on the most promising.  It lasted one week and literally fell apart.  Then I got one from Walmart, the heaviest best looking one.  It didn't even work from the start.  I paid over ten bucks for it and considered taking it back but I couldn't find the receipt.

Then I was in the dollar store.  Now I need to clarify first that I am a huge Betty Crocker fan.  Instant mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, paring knives, scissors, all kitchen implements, brownie mix, and on and on.  And there it was, hanging on the implement wall, a bright red handled, heavy, just like the old one in looks, and I grabbed it.  Four dollars!

  Now its a month later and the other day I was back in the kitchen aisle at Dollarama and there it was.  I bought a second one just as a back up, just in case.  But I have a feeling this gorgeous little sucker is going to last a long time.  It is the easiest, smoothest most fantastic can opener I have ever used in all my 70 years.  I love Betty Crocker.  Plus she makes the best tasting instant potatoes, scalloped potatoes and brownies.  The best!!!!!  TTYL



No comments:

Post a Comment