Monday, January 2, 2023

THIS POST IS FOR TWO DIFFERENT TYPES OF PEOPLE

I'm not kidding.  This post is for those people I have heard whining about rent being too high and they should never get their rent raised, and for those that are whining because it is so hard to buy a house right now.  Frankly I am kind of tired of hearing these old old complaints.  It's been around for millennia.

Firstly let's deal with the house owner wannabe's.  Let me tell you it just isn't all it is cracked up to be.  I have had to spend thousands of dollars fixing up this house.  And I am NOT talking about cosmetic fixes.  The fixes are mandatory.  And expensive.

  My front door, which was falling apart was five thousand.  My toilet was 150.00.  I just spent four hundred on a tap to replace the broken kitchen sink one.  My outside pipes froze last winter and need fixing.  My front door, the wooden parts still need painting.  I could go on but you get the point.  If I had a renter, no matter how much I was renting it for, I can't raise the rent to cover all the costs that always crop up.  As a house owner I have to plan for these costly issues and not use my house as part of my income like I would if I had a renter.  

Now trying to buy...well I can only hope the potential buyers are actually realistically looking at what it is to own a house.  Even if you buy one with a mortgage helper you won't come out ahead.  The only way you come out ahead is if your house appreciates in value.  And then you just become one of those very people you resent...the ones that saved up a down payment and bought.  And you just purchased a whole lotta issues.  No longer calling up a hapless landlord to come fix your stove, or furnace or pipes or, as in my latest case, the hot water tank.

Now for the renters.  I know it seems rent is so high. But as I already pointed out there is a reason for this.  I forgot to mention the renters that don't pay, you can't get them evicted in a timely fashion and they sneak off in the night leaving you holding the bag for thousands of dollars.  And then along comes your friendly government and tells renters they don't have to pay rent while covid is lurking about.  When it came time to pay up, the true nature of humans came out and a good number of them absconded without paying.  Having renters is actually more expensive than owning a house and paying all the repairs.

Speaking of which, the hot water tank quit last week.  I finally got hold of a plumber that is still working in this town and he is coming next week on Wednesday, a whole week and two days away.  Hahahahahaha!!!!  

Old school time.  Won't be the first time I get my giant pot out, fill it with water, keep it hot on the stove and put a dipper beside it.  Hand wash dishes, PTA (pits ti*s as*) baths, cold water laundry soap etc...It's a pain in the patooty but its gotta be done.

I was saying to April that at least I don't have to walk five miles to get that water and carry it back on my head.  I saw an ad on tv about African kids that have to do that every day and I was ashamed of myself for being annoyed with the situation.  She responded by saying that those ads were setups.  Everyone knows there isn't any water over there.  Hahahahaha!!!!!  

Anyway that's it for today.  April arrives around five tonite!!!  I can't wait!!!!  I'm hauling out the paper plates!!!  TTYL

I usually put a quote here. I looked up quotes about landlords and renters.  Every single one was slamming landlords.  In my opinion there are far more bad renters than bad landlords.  But  public opinion has very successfully made renters to be victims.  I'd rather be a anything other than a victim.  Victim is a bad word in our house!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment