Friday, January 6, 2023

I HAVE BEEN APRILIZED...IN THE BEST WAY!!!!

 Well that was a fantastic much needed few days...too short but I will take what I can get!  April arrived on the 2nd and left today, the 6th.  We had the best time.  On the 3rd we went to a fave bakery/coffee shop.  Ohhhhh.....cakes, donuts, croissants, breads, cookies, bakery goodies.....and we sat at a table and partook in a delectable lunch!  So much fun!  We also spent a goodly amount of time in my fave coffee shop for lattes...the Steampunk Coffee shop.  We just sat and visited.  After a while Monte showed up and joined us.  Somewhere in there I made a giant pot of Dahl.  I bagged it and froze it and sent a bunch home with April.  She loves Dahl.  The first day we also went out to Naesgards, the market/farm shop.  All their Xmas stuff was on sale for thirty per cent off.  That's the place with a gergillion decorated xmas trees, covered in the most amazing spectacular xmas balls. Their store was all on sale as well and they have pretty much everything in there....from clothes to chocolate and purses and socks and jewelry.  We had a blast.

We decided to have one 'nice' dinner, set the table etc...  So we went shopping and bought steaks and potato bakers with all the trimmings and salad makings.  April told me not to look at what she was doing in the dining room whilst she did something utterly gobsmacking amazing to the table.  I have never ever in my entire life have I ever seen anything as wonderful as what I saw when I could look.

Unfortunately words, and pics, will never really show what I saw.  She had decorated the table with a sparkly black tablecloth, big full wreath with white flowers, little fairy lights wandering around the table, beautiful dishes and glassware, candles ......unbelievable.  I just couldn't believe what I was seeing.  Very rarely has my breath been totally taken away but it surely was the moment I saw it.  The pictures below just don't adequately show it.  I will never ever forget this.  She seriously did the very thing I utterly love the most.

And now she is gone.  This is the only downside to having someone you love so much come to visit.  Sigh.  It is very quiet and lonely right now.  She has gone to Eithne's which is great.  She is spending the night there so she gets to spend time with a best friend and a new baby.  I sent along a jar of my Caesar dressing.  Eithne loves it!

Now it is time to get ready for Graeme.  He is coming to stay for a while and I can't wait!!!  He will be coming to Nanaimo and we shall be picking him up.  Normally I wouldn't be going with Monte down to pick him up, but I need some stuff from a better supplied store than Port has. I just finished talking to him and we are picking him up on Monday!!!!

Well this is it for today.  Stay safe and be happy and stay true to     any resolutions you made for at least a week or two!  Hahaha!!!!  So far I have!!!!......as I sit here dressed for NO REASON!!!!  TTYL

'Siblings:  children of the same parents, each of whom is perfectly normal, until they get together.'  Sam Levenson


SO FRIGGING BEAUTIFUL

I COULDN'T BELIEVE MY EYES.  THE TABLECLOTH REALLY SPARKLED. THAT SPARKLE BUNCH TOP RIGHT IS THE LIGHT CATCHING THE TABLECLOTH.


SURE BLOGSPOT, LET'S JUST PUT A PICTURE RIGHT WHERE IT DOESN'T BELONG.  STEAMPUNK CAFE

LAST ONE

WALKIES

STUPID BLOGSPOT


EAGLE BAIT



No comments:

Post a Comment