Monday, July 10, 2023

CRUISE GOSSIP

 I was cruising around the cruise workers sites just to see what they think of us.  And they were saying that there are three types of guests.  'Newlywed, overfed and nearly-dead.'  Hahahahaha!!

The conundrum for me is which category, if I could only be one category, would I fall into?  Clearly overfed would work.  I mean I am a size 4x, that isn't the size of a tiny person.  But I am also almost 71 and that ain't no spring chicken.  Thank god I am not in the first one.  Like kill me now.

It was interesting to read about the crew's number one beefs.  One of them is being called workers.  They seem to have joined the growing list of groups of like people that want to control what the world calls them.  They want to be referred to as crew and employee only.  Workers is 'demeaning'.  So it is crew or employee.  These people work their asses off for at least twelve hours a day.  Work.  Workers seems a natural progression. 

Another beef is one I will have to be careful about, put in a filter or two.  They don't like personal questions.  How many kids do you have, how old are they, how much money do you make, do you get time off etc...I do hope they understand that we, the passengers, are being friendly and we care.  I think we feel that they are being royally taken advantage of, that they HAVE to do this horrible job to feed a family back home.

In actual fact they say they get paid reasonably well, the daily tips we pay help tremendously and the job is amazing.  They get to see the world and they have a huge amount of fun downstairs.  I was glad to read that.

Today I am going to go cruising, the BC Ferry type.  Time to take little bossy pants home.  Boy am I ever going to miss her.  I have had her for over a month now.  We have a routine down pat and she understands my words.  It will be interesting to see if she will be as clingy at her home with her mom and dad, not Gma.  Mind you April will be working from 7-3 each day so she will have no choice but to turn to me!  We will see.

Well it looks like the truck is sold.  Money and truck will change hands on the 27th of July.  My grandson Brody (Jennifer's youngest (16) is coming to visit for a few days.  I will be taking him down to Kim, his other Grandma on the 27th in Victoria.  I shall be delivering the truck, eating a Chinese dinner, then getting driven home by Monte, who will follow me down.  I have truly loved that truck but the gas is killing me.  The van has the same size engine but at least one of our vehicles won't be a gas guzzler.  Now to find a wee car that Monte fits into comfortably.  We will start with a Kia or Hyundai.

Gotta bounce.  I have packed but I need to take care of the garbage, have a bite to eat, collect Miss Bossy's stuff and the biggest job of all....do my hair.  I washed it yesterday so now I have to get it into the poof that will last a couple of weeks.  So have a lovely day people, I shall be blogging from April and Myles's.  TTYL

'The lovely thing about cruising is that planning usually turns out to be of little use.'  Dom Degnom



JUST A FEW OF THE SHIPS WE HAVE BEEN ON

    


No comments:

Post a Comment