Monday, July 17, 2023

SHORT UPDATE

I am writing this update for those that wish to come to our neck of the woods.  Don't.  Just don't take the chance.  Once again hundreds of people got caught. 

Monte and his friend (why did this go dark?) decided to go to Duncan yesterday to pick up a ton of reels of old film.  Bryce is a self proclaimed nerd about that sort of thing.  He has projectors for all kinds of film.  So off they happily went, in Monte's van.

And of course whilst they were gone two things happened, and this isn't the first time, the road was unexpectedly closed indefinitely for unexpected happenings.  There was a wind storm come up and there was a rock fall.  And the boys were on the wrong side.  They both need medication, like NEED it, and they can't sleep without their cpaps, or gaspers as we call them.  At first they were all excited and kind of giddy, but that wore off as sleep eluded them in the van and personal ablutions with nowhere to go cropped up.

  And a decision in this house has been made, there will be no more going to the other side until the road is completely open.  It is just too unpredictable.  I feel like I am in a post apocalyptic situation with 'the other side' are where the savages are and they aren't allowed to come over to this side.  I do not recommend anyone come over unless they are prepared to stay beyond their plans.

I have kind of decided, after much research, that the car for us will probably be a corolla.  It's a Toyota, it has enough horsepower, unlike the compacts, to get us two fatties up a hill,  the price is only a little over my preferred price and it gets 100 K's with 6 litres.  The only drawback is I will feel grannyish in it.  And even though the stats state a good head room, Monte will have to test drive it to make sure it fits.  I am tired of researching cars.  I know more about Yarises and Kias and Hyundais than I ever wanted to know to begin with.  Maybe I will put straight noisy exhaust pipes on it to soup it up a little.  Not!!!

Ange bought a bag of six beautiful colourful peppers yesterday.  I am going to be making stuffed peppers today for the first time ever.  So yesterday I read a million recipes just to get the gist of the method etc...a far more interesting research than cars!

I have decided to make curried beef stuffed peppers. It doesn't look too difficult and I would really like to try a different flavour.  The classic recipe just looks like putting meat spaghetti sauce into a pepper and baking it.  I am going to use rice and hamburger meat and onions and spices and stuff them with that. I will make a curry sauce on the side and maybe some extra rice with peas, mutter as it is called in Indian, and maybe other veg I can find.  I will take pics, if I remember, and post them here next post.

The trip home on Saturday was kind of trippy.  I haven't driven in the dark for yonks and my eyes are different than the last time.  Not worse, just different.  I will be glad when I get a smaller vehicle that I can see out of better.  My biggest and only real complaint about Gladys was the difficulty in seeing everything. I need a smaller car with fewer blind spots!  I was white knuckling it a lot of the way.  Thank goodness by the time I got to the loooong stretch past the road work which was a narrow single lane I was relaxed and used to the drive.  I got held up there for just under an hour. But I got through eventually and walked in the door at home after midnight.  I miss LL.
Thats it for today.  And if you are coming to visit this side bring your meds and extra undies!!!!  TTYL

'Apocalypse is the eye of the needle, through which we pass into a different world.' George Zebrowski

APRIL'S AMAZING GROUNDS....SO BEAUTIFUL.  I TOOK THESE PICS ON THE WAY OVER TO SUN AND SWIM (SHE DID) IN HER WONDERFUL COMPLEX POOL

FISH POND

HER DECK VIEW


No comments:

Post a Comment