Wednesday, July 5, 2023

NORTH VAN....I LOSE MY FURBUDDY SOON




 

I think I mentioned that I despise the term 'fur baby'. It's a dog, or cat, not a baby.  But I don't object to furbuddy.  Leeloo is definitely my furbuddy while she is here.  She sits on my lap the whole time she is awake and sleeps with me on my bed.  Talks to me, barks, dances on the side of the chair to get up, has a fit if her bowls are empty, jumps up and down on me in bed as soon as it gets light out, needs to go out etc... I am going to miss her but I am ready to take little miss needy home.

I am heading over on Monday.  I have made the reservations.  I will be coming home the next Saturday.  The hardest part will be making sure I take some of the food things I eat because of my blood sugar.  I don't expect her to supply me or even know what I need.  I am being as strict as possible.  The doctor did say that if my blood sugar is where it should be again the beginning of September she will give me a six month prescription instead of three.  That would be awesome!!!  So I am sticking to my eating plan which is pretty simple. 

 I have been doing this long enough to know I simply cannot eat more than forty to sixty carbs per day.  Doesn't take much to reach that magic number if you are not eating meat.  Last night I had a, small for me, helping of low carb meatloaf and a good size tossed salad.  My blood sugar at three hours after was 7.4, too high.  At noon today it is still 7.4.  So smaller salad I guess. 

We did absolutely nothing for Canada Day.  All the celebrations were Indigenous.  I was pleased to see in Vancouver they made a point of including some of the history of the Chinese and Japanese and Indian.  This country is certainly a big melting pot!

Speaking of Indian, April is part of an Indian wedding party!  She is so excited!   She ordered a beautiful Indian outfit from a place that her Indian friends recommended.  She sent the exact measurements they requested.  When it arrived, it was laughable!!!  The skirt was ten inches too big and the top didn't even come down far enough to cover her tatas all the way.  OMG!!!!

She took the outfit to her friends and bless them, they fixed it for her.  They had a completely new top made.  There was no fixing that one!  I will put a pic of her below.  I won't be including a before pic!!!!  hahahahaha!!!!!

That's all I have right now.  It is very very hot out.  People do not realize how hot it gets here in Port.  I remember an ex member of our extended family wouldn't move to Kamloops because it was 'too hot'. But then she moved to Port Alberni.  The heat here is humid, much more difficult than the dry heat of Kamloops.  Rather ironic I feel.

Take care people, enjoy the beautiful weather.  TTYL

'You don't get to tell me what to do, you're not my dog.'  Anon


NOT THE BEST PIC QUALITY, BUT LOOK AT THE HAPPY LOOK ON HER FACE!!!!


HER FAVE SPOT



SHE IS INSANELY CRAZY ABOUT MONTE



No comments:

Post a Comment