Sunday, July 23, 2023

NAKED

I was reading this awesome blog that Arnie turned me onto.  The fellow that writes it is hilarious!  I gather where he lives right now its hotter than hades and he wrote that all he wanted to do was go downstairs with his cats and get naked and lie on the cement floor.  Then he puts 'TMI?"  Hahahahaha!!!!

Now, I don't think it is 'tmi' per se, but jeez the visual!  I was thinking that if I wrote that about myself it would be awful!  Back in the golden olden days when I was a 120 pounds skinnier, not bad looking, then okay.  People would automatically visualize me laying out, all skinny gorgeousness.  Now whilst that is still pretty horrifying to think of, if they visualized me now...oh God!  

I remember a predominantly British cruise Spod and I went on.  We were pretty much the only guests on that ship that weren't British.  

We were docked in an Athens port and while we were waiting to launch off, I decided to wander around the ship.  I wanted to go right to the top and get a pic of Athens.

I arrived up top and looked for the best spot along the railing to get the best picture.  In doing so I totally missed the fact that the very full deck had deck chairs laid out and every chair had a people on it, a naked people!  What the hell???  Now imagine if you can, a deck full of old wrinklies, because I was probably the youngest on that cruise, all naked, lying there with wobbly things all scrunchy looking and other wobbly things hanging in armpits....So I know what a visual I could conger up if I actually wrote what that blogger wrote! So I won't.

Well fiddlesticks!!!  I made baked beans yesterday.  I love making beans.  It is so easy and they are so damned tasty!  And I am not afraid to double all the tasty things you put in...bacon (tripled actually), brown sugar, molasses, ketchup.  I don't besmirch it with mustard or silly things.  I just double the amount in all the recipes for 900 grams of beans.  As a result they turn out the best beans you ever ate.  It's like cinnamon buns.  Make a caramel slurry for the bottom, lots of it, then double or triple the amount of sugar, butter and cinnamon to slather on the dough before rolling.  OMG!!!  Best ever!  Well it's the same with the beans.....except.....

One piece of advice...don't fall asleep whilst they bake in the oven.  I did.  They baked five and a half hours instead of four, a watched four.  Jeez!  you could stand a limp noodle straight up in them they were so thick. So now I have to heat up a litre of chicken broth, a big can of diced tomatoes, another bunch of brown sugar, ketchup and molasses and add it to a pot of fried bacon and another onion then try adding it to the beans.  You know, I should write a cookbook of 'How to Fix Your Mistakes'!  And I could add a wee chapter at the end on how not to fall down.  I have become exceedingly tippy these days.  Neighbours probably think I drink.

Speaking of food, like when do I not, I actually made the most delicious dinner last night.  I'm not kidding!  It was unbelievably tasty!  I could eat that every night and never get tired of it.  Unfortunately it isn't on anyone's diet!

I cooked an inside round roast in my awesome new crockpot, made gravy out of the juice, lots of gravy.  I bought ciabatta buns, cut them in half, made a salad and quickled onions and cucumbers.  So we piled meat on the buns, they did, slathered it with the gravy and piled quickles on top.  Oh my goodness!  I got full way too fast!  

I remember whenever we were travelling the canyon route, we would pass through a tiny place called Spuzzum. (Memories Cookie???) There was one gas station, store and restaurant.  My Dad would always stop there and get a hot roast beef sandwich.  His favourite and it wasn't something we ever had at home.  He loved it! And now I can see why!  Like I said, I could eat that every night!!!!  It isn't a fancy dinner, just dam tasty!!

Well it is a done deal.  The car is now ours!  She is more grey than light coloured.  A metallic sparkly bluey grey...very pretty, but darker.  Lucy was the name we picked but I have changed it to Smudge...it suits her.  Monte still has to pass approval so we shall see, but I like it.  And we went for a super long drive...half way to Tofino, as close as I ever want to willingly get to that place, then turned around.  He has gone for another spin.  I have not had a chance to drive it yet.  Her name is Smudge, Monte approved.

That's it for today.  Actually I wrote this over two days.  
Have a wonderful long week end!  We aren't doing much, just a little outside cleaning.  TTYL

And I find chopsticks frankly distressing. Am I alone in thinking it odd that a people ingenious enough to invent paper, gunpowder, kites and any number of other useful objects, and who have a noble history extending back 3,000 years haven't yet worked out that a pair of knitting needles is no way to capture food?Bill Bryson - the funniest author I have ever read

THIS LOOKS SO MUCH LIKE MY GRAMMA ON MY MOM'S SIDE.  I LOVED GRAMMA. IT'S A PIC I FOUND AND HAD TO STEAL.  I DON'T HAVE A PIC OF GRAMMA LIKE THIS.

  
MY TWO FAVE THINGS, TAKING PICS AND MY SHIRT.  I BOUGHT THAT SHIRT IN K-MART IN MAUI 12 YEARS AGO FOR 7 DOLLARS AND STILL WEAR THE HECK OUT OF IT. 


I AM NOT FOND OF SQUIRRELS

MY FEELINGS FOR BLOGSPOT






 

No comments:

Post a Comment