Monday, April 11, 2016

BIRTHDAY SHENANIGANS

Well, shenanigans might be a wee bit of a stretch.  We had a wonderful bbq in Jo and Craigs wonderful back yard.

After a lovely day that started at MacD's in the play area, it moved on to Costco.  What day isn't awesome that includes those two places.  I also stopped at the bulk store, another one of my fave places!

I needed to pop in to Save On and as I walked past Starbuck's outside seating area I spotted Ron, an old old friend of the family's.  I haven't seen him in forever so I sat down with him for a couple of hours and had a serious catch up!  He has a huge security company in town here and is always looking for employees.  Monte has his security license so this may be a win win.  I didn't bring it up though.  Another day.

I headed down to Jo and Craig's at four for Kathy's birthday bbq.  His parents, from Savona were there and his cousin Elena who lives in Kathy's suite, and her parents from Chetwyn.  (I have no idea how to spell either Elena or Chetwin)  Her dad is Craig's uncle.  We had a fantastic time.  The food was amazing...bbq'ed lamb burgers and greek salad.  Instead of cake we had a huge fruit platter with chocolate dip and strawberry dip.  As it cooled off and the sun set Craig lit his outdoor firepit.  It was awesome!!!!  I want one!!

Now I am waiting for the sprinkler guy to come and fix that little knob.  The mow guys came this morning.  It's forty bucks a visit and seriously? there is nothing to mow right now.  That grass is greening up but it isn't growing just yet.  I haven't even looked into the back yard yet.  I bought two gorgeous hydrangeas at costco yesterday.  So I must figure out where to plant them.  They are a gorgeous deep pink.  Way better than the blue.  So I go now...get some more house done.  TTYL


THIS IS ED.  MONTE IS ATTENDING HIS FUNERAL TODAY IN PORT ALBERNI

HE IS STAYING WITH PAT AND ANGE...HIS FRIENDS, ED LIVED IN AN APARTMENT BELOW THEM ACROSS THE STREET FROM WHERE MONTE LIVED.  THIS PIC IS A COUPLE YEARS OLD.

CRAIG AND KERRY AND AWESOME FIREPIT

JOJO

BIRTHDAY GIRL




2 comments: