Saturday, April 9, 2016

CURLERS AND TARTS

The garden guys didn't come.  Dangit!!!  I got a message on fb that he was super sick and in bed so they are coming on Tuesday.  That was a little disappointing.

Last night Kathy and Kerry had an appy soire.  There were about fifteen people there.  We had such a fantastic time.  I am just not used to having social good times.  I always thought I wouldn't really like these things but it turns out I am wrong.

Yesterday was the first super warm day.  It was so warm that we all sat outside in their front yard and it was balmy and warm (like 22 degrees at nine at night...that is 71 in americanese).  The food was delicious (pulled pork, coleslaw, buns, and all sorts of appetizers and butter tarts).   And half the group, some I was meeting for the first time, have been to Maui and stayed in my condo!  It was so cool to meet them!

It was April's birthday yesterday.  On the 21st of April, on my way to Mexico, I am going to go early and spend one night on the north shore and take her and Myles (and I would love Myles's parents to come too) to Andrea's for dinner.  That was the first place we went when I got out of the hospital after having her.  She was at Andrea's before she was home!!!!

Yesterday I had butter tarts and coleslaw to make but I took an hour to go down stairs and fish through one of my many disorganized boxes of photos.  I rounded up about fifteen pics of April through the years. I took pics of them with my camera then posted them on facebook.  Some of them were cute as hell and some of them...not so much!  Ahhhh...the power that parents have!

When I got home last nite post soire,  a very bouncy happy Molly met me at the door.  I kind of stepped over her and headed for the front door to let her out when I noticed something really odd about her from the corner of my eye.  I scooped her up and she was covered with velcro curlers!  That little stinker had been into my tray under my side table by my chair in the kitchen!!  I use those curlers cuz I can't get a perm and there were about eight of them stuffed under the stuff down there.  They were all over her!!!  and boy were they ever stuck!!!  It took me half an hour to get them out, her yelping the whole time!  She looked ridiculous!!!

Speaking of Molly, the other day I let her out for a pee.  That was the day the poop bucket got blown around.  The wind was hella strong.  Molly walked down to the end of the sidewalk and she stopped, facing the wind.  She was looking regal and lovely, wind blowing her hair straight back in a wavy flow, face lifted into the wind.  I was watching her and in the middle of thinking that she was a good looking dog she suddenly  was flipped right over and she tumbled ass over teakettle right across the lawn and smack into the fence.  God it was soooo funny.  She got up and with great difficulty got herself back around the side of the house without the wind.

Well I gotta go clean a Willie cage.  It stinks and poor Willie aint happy.  Plus I am hungry.  Gotta find some dinner.  TTYL


1 comment:

  1. Haha. I would like to have seen a photo of Molly covered in curlers. Those pics of April were hilarious. Really enjoyed them...

    ReplyDelete