Friday, April 1, 2016

JEEPER JEEPS VERSUS OWNER JEEPS

As I boot about town, wrangling my harsh and erratic jeep into submission, jerking from side to side and hitting the roof occasionally whilst going over speed bumps, I noticed a certain phenomenon.  As I passed other jeeps, the driver would give a two finger signal. After about the hundredth time it happened, I came to the conclusion that this must be a wave that happens between jeepers.  So I googled it and boy did I find out stuff!

There IS such a thing as a jeep wave.  Its based on how many points your jeep has...where it falls into the hierarchy of a very interesting point system, which I shant go into in depth but let me say this...I am sure glad I bought a two door and not a four door.  The four door jeeps are considered owner jeeps...towny sissy jeeps..and they don't deserve an initiated wave by a jeeper (two door jeep owner).  Two door jeeps, being much more difficult to control, more dangerous and just plain cooler, have more points than the four door jeeps, therefore those owners need to wave first.  

And the web page went on to explain the point system...points for mud (you lose points for shiny clean jeeps), battle scars, big tires, holes above the glove box where the grip bar has been ripped out etc...  Who knew?  there's this whole jeep world out there and I am definitely a Jeeper....not an owner.  There have been a couple of people drive my jeep and had trouble.  This little vehicle aint for them!

I am getting my raised garden boxes next Thursday!!!!  I am so excited now its really happening.  One is 4X8 and the other is 4X4.  They even put them together when they deliver them and they were half the price Lyon's was charging for one 4X4.  I will probably have to extra water them but if I am gone for a few days the built in sprinklers will give them enough water to survive.  Maybe I will run a couple of soakers down the middle of them.

I have been in touch with my real estate lady in Maui.  She is sending a price list and contract as we speak.  I have talked with the kids and we just might not go back.  I told her to go ahead a sell the place as soon as she can.  I think the hardest part is that that condo is the last place Spod was.  None of our vehicles or houses or anything was ever his so it makes it hard.

Monte is off tomorrow for Vancouver and then the Island, home on the fifteenth.  Two whole weeks!  That Eric Carmen song is going through my head, "All by myseeeeeeelf,  I don't wanna be all by myself anymore"  but I DO want to be by myself for a while!  Haha...O solo mio.....lalalalalal.  Alright, enough of this silly crap.  TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Jeepers-creepers! I think I'm going to have to cross Jeep off my car-shopping list! That's just way too complicated for me! I actually I love jeeps, but I am trying to strike a balance between reliability, practicality and fun, while screwing the earth as little as possible. Which means I'm going to be on the bus forever! I suck at decisions!
    Or maybe ill just get a hovercraft!

    ReplyDelete