Thursday, April 7, 2016

HEALTH CHECK

Down 45 pounds, check.
Blood sugar averaging 4, check
Blood pressure stays about 120 over 70, check
Walking, mostly, check
Colonoscopy....still pending...April 15th

Just gotta get over that last one and I will be able to breathe a big sigh of relief and happiness.

I have a bucket, not a huge one, it originally came with cleaning supplies in it.  I also have a plastic pooper scooper.  We use that to put the poops in and tuck it under the part of the front porch area thats easy to get to but kind of out of sight.

The mowing guys came by on Monday and I guess they picked it up and set it up on the front porch.  Well a wicked harsh wind came along.  It lasted quite a while.  Blew crap all over the place in the neighbourhood, and literally at my house.  When I went out after the storm there was Molly crap all over the front porch, down the side deck to the back deck and all over the back deck.  The bucket was blown into the far corner of the back deck.  SHOVEL LIST.

Wow I typed this yesterday then life took over!  I ran down to Kathy's and looked after Ainsley for a couple of really fun hours.  Most of that time was spent bouncing a ball of silly putty off the floor and she would run after wherever it landed and bring it back.  But before putting it in my hands she would rip it to pieces!  You forget what simple things keep little ones happy.

I got home in time to meet the underground sprinkler guy.  He was here to set it all up and check it out.  My job was to run up and downstairs turning the water on and off.  So after an hour or so, replacing caps and sprinkler tops etc... we had it programmed and up and running.  This morning when I stumbled out to the kitchen I heard that dreaded noise...water running somewhere!  I dashed outside and the little cap that he had replaced on the guts right up beside the house blew.  Water everywhere!  And it looks like it happened a while ago.  So downstairs again and shut the water off.  I shall be calling them later!

Monte is now in Victoria.  He spent the night in the funkiest hotel I have ever seen.  You should google it!  Hotel Zed.  Its retro to the extreme.  The rooms are funky colours, have rotary dial phones, typewriters, old school alarm clocks and a comic book.  Bikes, helmets, longboards and a 60's volkswagon bus shuttle to anywhere you want (and they pick you up later) are all free.  Its right downtown Victoria.

So I don't know if you remember me mentioning Peter before.  He lived here in Kamloops and helped take care of the house here when I was gone for a month in Maui.  He is truly the most awesome guy, dear to my heart!  Well, I suggested to Monte he call Peter and take him out for dinner, my treat.  I miss that guy.  So he did and did!  They went to Pags for seafood lasagna and I talked to Peter after dinner for a minute.  I think they are meeting up this morning too.  Monte is actually there to go to court to straighten out ICBC's mistake when they said he didn't have a licence..and he did.  He goes to court at one then off to Port Alberni for a week.  He has both a funeral and a wedding to attend.

Well somehow my house has descended into mess again.  Guess what I am going to be doing for the next couple hours?  I also have to go get money from the bank to pay the guys tonight for my raised garden beds.  I know it would be easier and cheaper to just go to the farmers market and buy the veggies, but this is more...wholesome.  Its like going fishing.  Jeez, we not only had a forty thousand dollar boat...that cost 100 bucks in gas every time we went out, but we built a whole log house to accommodate those fishing trips.  I think we calculated once that every fish we caught was upwards of sixty thousand dollars!  But it isn't just the end product, its the getting it!

So I am up and over at the kitchen sink.  Have a great day today people...you never know how long ya got!!!  TTYL

1 comment:

  1. Those numbers are amazing. Way to go.....I wish I had your dedication.

    ReplyDelete