Saturday, April 23, 2016

LAST POST TIL MAY 1ST

Off to Mexico and I am leaving lappy behind.  I am definitely going to have separation anxiety!  I don't go anywhere without it but this time I think its safer leaving it here.  I heard that the wifi is less than stellar where we are going so there is no point.  Its just going to seem weird...this thing is my attached sidekick.

So final post for a week.  The trip down was totally uneventful and beautiful.  I left Kamloops at 11 on the dot and checked into the hotel at 2:30.  Tank did really well actually.  I still had to wrangle her to keep her on the road but I am getting so I can predict her harsh and erratic movements quick enough to counteract them.

April's birthday dinner was for six at Andrea's, all the way back at Lonsdale.  I was at Capilano road.  Also I heard that the traffic was absolutely terrible due to an accident.  So I left at ten after five.  There was no traffic all the way there!  And I got a parking space.  I was there within ten minutes, half hour early as usual.  But at least there was no traffic.

When I went in Myles's parents and Bakka (sp?) were already there.  I finally got to meet them!  And they were even more delightful than I already expected!  I had met Gary once before briefly but I got to actually talk with him this time.  And let me tell you...he was soooo much like Myles it was crazy.  Both really good looking boys!  Bakka was so gentle and sweet.  I loved meeting her.  And Heli, her name is Helen too but we go by Heli and Helly!.  She was funny and charming and so entertaining!  I totally enjoyed meeting her and sharing stories and comparing notes!!!  She sure had me laughing!  April and Aryn looked so pretty, I was totally proud of both of them.  We had such a fantastic evening!  I love this Andrea's tradition and I hope that Heli and Gary and Bakka can be with us every year!

Yesterday morning I was sitting in the little breakfast eating area at the hotel, minding my own business, eating bacon, sausage and toast...there were no eggs.  Suddenly down my back, back of my pants around to the side and front I felt an extremely cold liquid hit me!  It was so cold it made me gasp!

I looked down and saw I was covered with milk, cereal, yoghurt and fruit.  There was so much of it it was dripping off me onto the floor.  A woman behind me tipped her bowl of food off her tray right smack all over me.  That poor thing was totally mortified!!!  She almost started crying.  Her husband ran and got some warm damp cloths and between us all mopped the mess up.  Crap!!!  I needed those clothes I was wearing!  It was my airplane outfit.

Fortunately it was only about 6:30 am.  So I whipped back to my room, stripped, showered, washed my clothes whilst in the shower, rung 'em out, rolled them in towels and walked on them, pulled a chair over to the big fan blowing heater unit, and took the next two hours drying them.  And I got them all dry!  I learned some tricks from Spod, he was always having to wash his pants out!  hee hee

I came over to Cookie's and spent an awesome enjoyable afternoon playing with Darren's three and a half year old mischievous little monkey! What an adorable little stinker he is!  I just love listening to them talk at this age...their ideas, their accents, their little temper tantrums and attention getting moves.  He was truly a lot of fun.  Cookie went to work around four and Darren came to pick up Rylon.  And he stayed for a delicious dinner that Brian cooked.  We had a wonderful time.

I have to mention something here.  Brian.  That guy!!!  He went into that kitchen and made salmon, potatoes and vegetables.  A lot of the time Rylon was in there with him and Brian was so patient and taught him a whole bunch of things.  I was so impressed.  Then we ate the delicious meal and while Darren and I visited, Brian cleaned the whole kitchen and did all the dishes.  After Darren left, Brian went around and put a thousand toys away, put all the furniture back where it belonged, cleaned the kid's room...til the house was spotless. I can't even imagine being married to someone who would do all that.  Darling Spod never even once changed a diaper!!!

Now its Saturday, we leave at ten tomorrow morning.  Cookie is dying her hair and packing and doing those last minute things, I am posting here and this afternoon we are going out to do some last minute shopping.  Off to the fat lady store to try to find a tank top....they aren't easy to find.  Then off to the drugstore to get immodium...I've seen those commercials!!!  We have to get up at five thirty tomorrow morning so we shall be getting to bed early tonight.

I shall post pics here next week.  Have a good week people and TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment