Sunday, January 8, 2017

A LITTLE NOTE

Just a quick little note for a couple of things.  I want to thank the commenters for their suggestions and encouragement.

I AM going to leave my tree up for now.  It is little, not in the way and artificial.  Somewhere along the way the other kids are coming up here for another little Christmas so I am leaving it!

And I want to thank "Anonymous" for her suggestion of writing to Oxo!  I never even thought of that!  I have googled it to no avail but writing the company is such a great idea!  I am doing that right as soon as I finish this post.

The last thing I wish to discuss here is Monte. For those that don't know he has been going through a really tough time lately.  And the really hard part here is that I don't totally trust the Doctors diagnosis.  I am a pretty big believer in the patient kind of knowing what is happening with themselves....and Monte absolutely is sure that whatever happened in his brain was NOT connected to his psychosis.  He does not have psychosis anymore.  Other stuff for sure but not that.

When he was first checked into the hospital, he really couldn't speak without stuttering and making sounds.  His head kept twitching and he couldn't control his arms and hands.  As time went by he got better.  Now its a few days later and he still has trouble getting some syllables out and his head is twitching now and then.  But something else really interesting has happened.

His thinking patterns, problem solving, tastes (like now he prefers black coffee) have subtly changed. This happened six months ago too, just not so extreme.  He felt a shift in himself and he suddenly could improvise on the piano...like professional improvising, and he couldn't do that to save his life the day before.  He exponentially took a major jump.  If anyone has any ideas on this we are totally open to suggestions or reading material etc...

So thankyou Dean, Cookie and Anonymous for your words....my tree stays up and I am now going to email Oxo!!!!   TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment