Tuesday, January 17, 2017

JEEZ I CAN'T STAND GIADA OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT

I watch cooking shows and competitions.  I used to really like them but there are some real icky chefs showing up repeatedly.  I feel about them like I do Rolling Stones, Pink Floyd, or Zep.  Go away!  Move over for new ones.  

But the number one chef I simply cannot stand is Giada.  If you haven't ever seen her consider yourself lucky.  If you aren't sure which one she is then please, let me remind you.

Giant huge teeth, ridiculous face cracking grin, squeaky scratchy laugh, inappropriate clothes, claw like hands that she is always clawing the air with and a 'my crap doesn't stink' attitude.  There, thats my vent for the day.

Yesterday Monte and I went to his psychiatrist and I must admit I felt a lot better after.  He didn't think there was anything serious going on, extreme involuntary anxiety and he totally condoned Monte's trip to Port.  So now its a matter of getting his finances in order, his clothes clean and his musical instruments along with recording stuff, in order.  The kid can't process.  So, because I really want him to go on this trip, happily, I shall be his external brain one more time. (at least for the next month :) )

Yesterday after the doctor, I met with Anne.  She and I went to Victoria Oriental for a dim sum lunch.  I always forget how amazing and delicious dim sum is.  Especially from this place.  Their food is truly authentic and better than anything we got in China or Hong Kong.  Shrimp dumplings, shrimp toast, pork dumplings, sticky rice, spring rolls, chicken feet....yes, chicken feet.  Anne really likes chicken feet.  I didn't touch them!!  And my fave of all...bean curd rolls.  Yum!!!  We had so much left over.  I sent it all home with Anne.

Anywhooo, time to get rolling.  I have been sitting here on my laptop all morning.  I see its warmer out there today.  In fact the snow is dripping a little off the roof!  Tomorrow Monte and I are going to organize and clean up the garage.  Won't be too hard as its pretty much all garbage.  We went way too long without garbage pickup and over Christmas too.  So trips to the dump which is always fun.  My goal is to be able to move Tank into the garage.  TTYL 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad Monte is in better condition. I can't imagine what these issues must be like for him, how scary..:-(. Waiting for Spring!

    ReplyDelete