Saturday, January 7, 2017

V8 TO THE RESCUE

Costco.  Hmmm....I know that the decisions they make are in the members, us, best interest.  I know this.  But when they stop stocking something that has become absolutely vital to your life it kind of shakes your world.

That happened a couple of years ago with Oxo.  I always bought those big plastic containers of chicken and beef oxo.  I put that stuff in EVERYTHING.  Spaghetti sauce a little flat?  Throw in oxo beef.  Chicken soup not quite right? Throw in oxo chicken.  Chilli a little tasteless?  Throw in oxo beef.  Meatloaf, chicken and dumplings, soups, spaghettis, hamburgers, casseroles...all of them are better with that magic touch, oxo.  In fact, when I brought the last load of stuff back from Maui I brought back my oxo I had taken over from here.

Well it happened again.  I drink endless amounts of V8.  I often replace a meal with V8.  I would prefer the low sodium kind they sell in Maui, but the V8 up here (not the ones with fruit juice in them..too much sugar) isn't too bad.

So a couple of months ago I went to get my usual two cases.  I always keep a whole case in the fridge and the next one out in the garage...at the ready.  And at first I couldn't find it in the usual spot on the back wall.  I felt a little niggle of alarm but I back tracked and looked again, carefully and thoroughly.  Nope.  Not there.  Now I panicked.  I flagged down a Costco worker and asked.  He confirmed that they had stopped stalking it.  OMG!!  I almost cried.  Cuz I am telling you, buying it by the individual can just isn't an option.

So yesterday I asked Monte to make a stop at Superstore, a place I NEVER go to, and pick up a couple of cases there if they had them.  He got them there for me once but the last time he tried, they didn't have them.

And guess what?  He walked in with two cases, but not from Stupid Store, from Costco!!!!!!  Yay!!!!!  All those notes I dropped in their suggestion box maybe helped!  Now to start working on getting Oxo back!

I have a question....when does it become tacky to have your Christmas tree up?  It is so pretty in the living room at night.   I don't want to take it down:(  Thats my fave spot to sit by the fire and read my books.  Its cozy and warm and quiet and pretty.  But I guess its gotta happen.  Sigh.  (shovel list)  

TTYL
THE BOYS HAD TO EAT IN THE LIVING ROOM


HERE'S THE REST OF US

EMMA KNOWS WHERE TO SIT

THE BOYS TABLE

OH OH!!  CHANGE OF MENU COMING UP

WAHHHHHH!!!!

HAPPY HAPPY ITS BACK
AUNTIE IRIS CHASING THE ENGINEERED BALLOON THINGY

3 comments:

  1. I took my tree down a couple of days ago. I know someone who left it up into March. And someone who never put their wreath away. Left it up on the fireplace because they loved it. It's all up to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was one year, Helen, that I left mine up all year. When I had my usual July 4th cookout, my guests had quite a few comments as we ate bar-b-q around my Christmas tree. Loved it, though. There is no need to take it down until you really WANT it to come down. Make your own rules, to -----with everyone else's opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to leave mine up cause it took so long to get it all done! But, if its a real tree and dry- take it down for safety reasons. And about the OXO, send them an email and ask them where you can buy it in the 1kg bucket. I wonder if the Bellingham/USA Costco's still have it?

    ReplyDelete