Tuesday, January 31, 2017

A WHOLE WEEK SINCE THE LAST POST!!

Wow!!!  I even made my blog my home page to remind me to sit down and do a post.  Obviously that hasn't worked!

Partly, the lack of posts may be due to a very self indulgent singular lifestyle.  This is the very first time in my life I live completely alone.  No parents, no sibs, no husbands, no kids....all by myself...and I love it.  I get just enough company, I get out just enough and have just enough family to keep me from going crazy or doing something stupid like getting lonely.

This last week I had a delightful dinner at Milestones with Leanne.  What an awesome woman she has turned out to be.  Its so cool to have watched this amazing human being grow from a tiny baby to such a beautiful woman.  We had the best visit...I only hope I didn't do too much of the talking.  I have that tendency.  She and her equally awesome sister are the only two people other than nieces and nephews, that I have had the privilege to know from birth to now.  And they turned out to be such an incredible couple of ladies.

I also went out for lunch with an old school friend.  And she is another amazing woman.  Man we were in Mr. Mikes for three hours, with not one second of silence between us!  She has a grandson with a very similar mental state to Monte so it was great to compare notes and learn learn learn.  Its amazing just how many people out there have mental disabilities.  And the more I learn the more I realize we don't know much.  Anyway we had a great time...and I really really want her hair.  Its awesome!  Hair envy!!

Here and there Anton and friends have dropped in to do some jamming downstairs.  I usually have something around for them to eat and bless them they always take a little time to sit and visit before they go.  Tonight Anton came by, drummed and ate and he's staying the night in 'his' room.  The buses are so sketchy and too late.  He has to be off early tomorrow morning for school.

Tomorrow its Kiwanis.  I have missed a lot of meetings.  Actually this whole January has been kind of a write off one way or the other.  Back on track now, although every time I say that something exciting comes down the track.  We shall see!

And last but not least, April and Myles were up for the weekend!!!!  They got in late Fri. night.  We planned to have our own little Xmas Sat. morning.  I was so excited I couldn't sleep!  I lay awake all night and planned breakfast and dinner.  Usually that puts me out but not this time.

Saturday morning we had eggs benedict and coffee and then settled in for an hour or two of present opening.  God what an awesome time that was!!!  And they gave me some beautiful things.  When I get my battery charged I will take some pics. 

 Then a very special special thing happened.  We were invited down to Craig and Jo's to meet the newest member of their little family.  Stirling John Haight arrived four days earlier!  So we went out and did a little shopping, went out for dinner (thank you Myles) and then went to Jo's.  And that baby is absolutely beautiful.  Perfect round head, perfect little nose, perfect little chin...and his big sister Ainsley is totally enthralled with him!!!  What a lovely and special treat to hold a tiny human again.

Sunday April went out, in my slippers (shovel list) and built a lovely snowman...messed up my front yard (shovel list) but it was totally cute.  She was snow blind for a while after she came in!  We cooked up a prime rib roast, mashed spuds, carrots, yorkshires, gravy and horseradish and caesar salad.  They then got away around six, after loading up the Bamfield table and buffet.  My garage is practically empty!!!

Well I  must be off to bed.  Its almost one in the morning.  TTYL  (sooner than later hopefully)

No comments:

Post a Comment