Saturday, June 30, 2018

ANOTHER ONE

Well today its my other son's birthday.  He is 46!!!!  And he's another one that was very premature.  He was 5 lbs 4oz when I brought him home.

Back in those days things were a little different.  First of all I was in the hospital for ten days, not one.  And about the third day they brought me a wee unhappy bundle, they had circumcised him, without even talking to me first.  That would never happen today.  And when they sent me home with him they sent along enough formula and bottles for a month, no breastfeeding, and a cardboard apple box for a baby bed.

He was so tiny and fragile.  He had a hernia (so did Monte) and they told me to go get a button, the kind that is rounded.  They had me push the button into his outie and tape it there.  Eventually, about two months later his hernia was all gone!

I called him to wish him a happy birthday and we visited a while.  So nice, I don't take THAT for granted anymore.  And it makes me so happy to know how he is spending his day today.  Tandy and the kids are going to Kelowna (always fun, like us going to Port Alberni in the summer from Bamfield).  Kevin was staying home and a bunch of his homies (all board game freaks) were coming over.  They were going to spend the whole day playing games and eating crap!!!  He will be so happy.

Other than that not much to report.  I haven't been feeling all that great since I got home.  So I have been kind of laying low.  I have to go out today though.  Things that can't be put off any longer.

I did manage to actually clean my house this morning, and it isn't even an Alice day tomorrow!!!  And whilst I was doing that Taylor did the dishes!!!!  What a treat!  I almost never ever go into my living room and its a shame.  I have that spectacular view!  When Graeme and Anton were here we would sit in there and visit now and then.  I miss those boys, although I do talk to them now and then.  I miss cooking for Anton!

Well now I am into boring rambling so I shall sign off.  Gotta go do things.  TTYL
MY BROTHER HOLDING AN EIGHT MONTH OLD KEVIN


A TEN MONTH OLD KEVIN EATING AN ORANGE

ABOUT EIGHTEEN MONTHS

ANOTHER BIRTHDAY

RECENTLY....AT BURGER 55 EATING A SLOPPY BURGER


No comments:

Post a Comment