Wednesday, June 20, 2018

GIANT CINNAMON BUNS AND CRAZY EXPENSIVE PEARS

Last Sunday Kathy and I got up obscenely early for a Sunday morning, and headed off to Cache Creek, Horstens Farm more exactly.

Aryn and Bradley were coasting in around the same time and we had planned to meet there.  I was, am, taking Molly til I drive her back on Sat.

Well, we got there early enough to have an awesome huge gooey, buttery, carmely, giant cinnamon bun.  We only got one thank goodness.  It was beyond delicious!  Actually at the risk of sounding superior, (not necessarily on my shovel list, sounding superior that is) its the first time I have had a cinnamon bun that is close to the ones I make.  Dense, yeasty and butter forward! Mmmmm.....

We had an hour to kill so we drove to Ashcroft.  I had never been there before.  What a little gem of town that is!  I was so missing my camera...which I had forgotten in Vancouver.  I have to go back and do a picture shoot.  It is the quaintest wee town.

We went back to Horstens and picked up Molly.  It took two nano seconds to remind why I can't stand that dog.  And now I have spent some days with her, its clear she should not be alive.  The fact that we spent so much on her to remove a cancerous lump is just wrong.  Sorry Aryn if you are reading this and don't tell Bradley, he loves her and it would make him feel bad.

But that frigging dog is pretty much completely blind and deaf.  She pisses everywhere...no control.  And the most annoying thing...she snorts, and sucks air in through her nose, and snorts some more, and makes a loud gurgle noise in her throat...til I want to kill her.  Over and over and over until finally I grab her and yell really loud right in her ear to stop.  Which she does for a while.  I do not understand what the hell she is doing that for.

On the more positive side, she is incredibly cute.  She really is.  Everywhere we go people go nuts over her.  Okay I sat here for two minutes trying to think up something else positive about her and I couldn't.  I was thinking of going on tinder and offering her to guys as a babe magnet...for a price of course...it could go to cover the cost of keeping a should be dead dog alive.

And Wrangler does NOT like her.  He is okay with Emma but he doesn't like Molly.  Hah!!!!  So even Mr. Friendly with everyone and every dog, doesn't like her.

Back to Sunday, we came home through Ashcroft to Logan Lake to Lac Le Jeune and to Kamloops on the Lac La Jeune road.  It was a truly beautiful day and it was virgin territory for me.  And my awesome sister offered to drive so I could look around.  I truly appreciated that.  We stopped in Logan Lake for a little lunch in a local rustic cafe. The whole day was just the kind of day I love.  Its what Bill and I used to do and stupid me so took it for granted.

Well Alice the Scary Housekeeper just left.  I spent a good amount of time cleaning the house getting ready for her to come.  Its never enough though. First thing she said when she came through the door was "Are you aware that that mat right there at the bottom of the stairs doesn't vacuum?  You should either put it outside or get rid of it!!!!"  Well gee, let me get right on that.

I am starving so I am going to head downstairs and take my doggies with me and scrounge up something.  I can't really go anywhere.  Its hotter than the hades out and I don't trust the Wrangle Dangle with Molly.  When I go out I have to lock him up in my bedroom and he gets so upset.  And its not really fair.  It should be her but she just mindlessly barks and howls.  Stupid dog.  Going to bounce before I start in again on her.  TTYL

ps: sorry to all you dog lovers out there...some of us just aren't...unless its Wrangler.  Hahaha!







No comments:

Post a Comment