Monday, June 11, 2018

GOOD FOOD, GOOD PEOPLE, GOOD TIMES

Well we are all back and everyone, I am sure is all unpacked, all the gear put away, except for me.  My jeep is full to the brim with all the camping stuff and I ain't unpacking until tomorrow.  I am not only tired but I am freezing and I can't get warm.  I have on jeans, boots, shirt, sweatshirt and a big fuzzy blanket and I am still freezing.

I left the campsite up by Clearwater, got home with just enough time to dump the dog, brush my hair and take off for a three oclock appointment with my notary.  I didn't have time to change and I am pretty sure I smelled like an old pioneer woman who had spent days cooking over a smokey fire.  I didn't look much better either.  I wasn't in there long though.

  I am signing a mortgage discharge, a mortgage that is paying out.  The lawyer on the other end only sent the one sheet that needs to be signed, no info, no cover letter, the people's name wasn't even on it.  So my notary had to contact them and they are faxing the papers now.  So another appointment tomorrow morning at ten.  Sigh.

Camping was fun.  But it did rain a lot.  Really rained.  A few times I climbed into my cozy snug jeep with our dog and just snuggled in whilst the rain thundered down on the roof.  My phone was dead (I keep forgetting I have a usb port in my jeep and could bring my phone charger cord to use) so I listened to a lot of CBC stories.  Learned a ton I must say!  I could have spent the whole weekend like that!  So comfy and cozy and a dog for company...what more could one want.  Well food, good company, funny little kids....so I did climb out now and then.

This morning the glorious sun came and shone down upon us.  It was beautiful.  Kathy made us breakfast.  Well she made breakfast for the three of us but Kerry took a cup of coffee and headed over to the mother site.

Meanwhile back at our spot, she opened a can of alphagettie (yum!!!) and a can of baked beans (double yum) and combined them in a pot and threw in a huge chunk of velveeta cheese for good measure!!!!  We toasted a couple of buns and proceeded to have the best breakfast one could have.

A while later Kerry returned and came over to show me a picture on his phone.  A picture of a plate.  On that plate was a perfect steak and egg breakfast.  Perfect.  Thats what he had.  He shunned Kathy's perfect concoction and accepted neighbourly offerings.  The bugger!!!  But Kathy told him he was getting the leftovers for supper tonight!

So now its late, I slept for a while this evening I must say.  So I am off to bed.  TTYL
LOOKING LARGELY LOVELY HAVING A FIRST COFFEE IN THE MORNING


No comments:

Post a Comment