Wednesday, June 27, 2018

SEVEN BUSY BUSY DAYS

I just walked in the door.  Took my time driving home from Vancouver.  I had a great time down there, split between the girls.

But first, today is kind of a sad day for me.  Its Monte's birthday and for the first time in 28 years I can't wish him a happy birthday, at least by voice.

Twenty eight years ago, after 65 days in the hospital they handed me a tiny scrap of a human.  He was 6lbs 12 oz, which wasn't bad for a 32 week premie.  Thats because I spent two months laying flat on my back or sitting in a wheelchair and eating my face off.  The head chef in Grace Hospital was a smackdown awesome chef.  He had even written cook books. Mmmmmmm......

Anyway that was the start of a life with an intelligent, interesting, mischievous, crazily talented son.  I think now what I miss the most is how we shared music.  No matter what we were trying to do or talk about, it always ended up about music.  And Monte was incredibly funny.  He could have a room full of people in stitches.  Especially when he was mimicking a situation.  Jeez, we would be laughing so hard.  I had a wonderful life with that kid and I sorely miss it.

I had a great time in Vancouver.  The first day down there Bradley, Aryn and I went down to False Creek to the Tap and Barrel for brunch.  As it happened the dragon boat races were running so we had front row seats!  The food was tasty, the drinks even tastier (I had a gin and tonic, even though I DON'T drink, with mint and cucumber in it...delish). 

 After that we caught one of the little false creek boats that toot you around.  And, all the little boats were told to go to the side and wait until the next dragon boats finished their run.  So we were REALLY front and centre as they all rowed past...PULL PULL PULL PULL...to drum beats.

We got off at a very busy crowded exciting Granville Island market.  I felt like I was back in China...not because they were Asian but because we were all smooshed up against one another.  We bought salamis, pickles, cheeses, olives, lox, breads, tarts....amazing incredible tarts, oil.  We went back to the  loft and Aryn produced the most beautiful delightful bunch of snacks.  We put them out on the deck, invited a couple they know and had a lovely afternoon.

Over at April's, the three of us did something so exciting and unbelievable.  We made the decision to go to Paris and London the end of August.  So the day was spent looking at hotels, making decisions, looking up flights, looking and booking.  We are so excited!!!!  I can't believe they are going to take me along!  I am so pokey and slow.  I have two months to shape up and walkity walkity walk walk walk.  Wrangler won't know what hit him.  And lose a hundred pounds.  Hmmmm fifty pounds a month...I will get right on that!

So now I am going to take a nap.  I don't feel well at the moment and I need to kick it, I have cards with surprises in them to send to Monte...gotta take care of that asap.  TTYL

WAITING FOR OUR DRINKS

OUT IN THE LITTLE RUNAROUND BOAT

PULL PULL PULL

THEIR BEAUTIFUL DECK
LIKE MOTHER

LIKE SON!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment