Wednesday, May 15, 2019

EXCITED....AND A LITTLE SAD

Well its the eve of the next chapter of my life.  I am sitting in a lovely hotel room, on a hugely comfortable king size bed with scrumptious bedding, all by myself, watching the Survivor finale.  On the other half of the bed are potato chips, grapes, melon, pineapple, banana bread, kids lunchables, baguette, ice tea and pepto bismal.  This is the perfect end to the perfectly wonderful day.

Yesterday was really really long.  I got up at about 4:30ish and started in on a long list that magically created in my head overnight.  Pictures to box, under sinks I forgot, bits and pieces to tie up etc....At 7:45 ish the truck showed up.  They put the last thing into the truck about 5:30.  Monte and I dragged our tired and sorry asses up to my sister's.  We ordered greek food for dinner and collapsed in the living room after.  They had had a super long day too...buying the loveliest brand new trailer you ever saw!  Then we all went off to bed and I had one of the best nights I have had in a long long time.  It was such a gift and blessing I tell ya!

This morning, (as I type this I can't believe it was just this morning...it seems so much longer ago) I got up one hour later than planned!  I never sleep past three in the night, never, so I don't bother with alarm clocks.  I woke up at 7!!!!  Had a yummy cup of coffee with Kathy and Kerry then went back to the townhouse to sweep the place.  Amy had arranged for two showings today so even though the place isn't going to be cleaned til tomorrow, we really needed to at least sweep it out.  Kathy and Kerry dropped by to check out the garbage they would be taking to the dump, bless them.

  Monte, Wrangler and I then launched.  We decided to take our time and enjoy the trip. So we mosied and stopped and took pics and snacked and just enjoyed the whole trip.  We made it to the ferry in time to be almost the last car onto the 3:45 ferry.  We got into Port by about seven.  I dropped Monte and dog off at his place and took myself to this lovely hotel and now I am preparing for the next chapter.  The truck arrives first thing in the morning and so the fun begins.

I had estimated that I had about five thousand pounds, based on the last move from Langford.  That move was about five thousand, and that included Monte's stuff.  Well wasn't I WRONG!!! It was close to ten thousand, and there is a whole ton still out in a storage unit!  How the hell did that happen I ask?!!!  Don't know and now I don't care.  Too tired to care!  Hahaha!!!  So now that my fave person on Survivor just got voted off, I don't give a hoot who wins so I am turning it off and going to bed.  Nitynite!!!!!  TTYL

A little side note:  It is May 15th.  In 1974, on May the 15th, I was camping at Stump Lake with Mom and Dad and family friends Tor and Mary Scmidt..and their two children.  I remember the day clearly.  A number of us climbed up to the defunct mine that stood there at that time.  It has since burned.  We climbed quite a distance into and down a shaft in that mine.  It was exciting and scary all at the same time.  But what I remember most is that that was my due date with my Aryn!  Now she wasn't born until June 5th, (things weren't quite so accurate back then) but I figured if I went into labour I was close enough to Kamloops hospital I could get there in time!

No comments:

Post a Comment