Monday, May 27, 2019

OH THE THINGS THAT HAPPEN!

Slowly but surely we are getting this place set up and Monte's place finished.

His place is truly a shit hole.  And the garbage, mixed with his keepables makes for a very tedious unpleasant job.

Yesterday he was digging around in one of the closets that needed emptying and sorting.  Whilst doing so, he cut his arm open on a rusty nail sticking out of the door frame.  It was bad enough I could see he needed to get medical attention, if only for a tetanus shot.  (oh no!!! hope he doesn't get autism)

So off to the infamous Port Alberni hospital.  It has the most beautiful atrium like giant lobby.  Its round and glass and has a garden in the centre that you can walk through on pathways.  On a raised dais in the middle is a beautiful piano and on one side is the cutest little play house full of toys.  There are various areas with comfy seating, complete with extra high chairs (for people like Bill) and extra wide ones (for fat asses like I am going to be soon if I'm not careful).

So I chose a seat in one of the empty seating spots.  Mind you there wasn't anyone there anyway.  The delicious aroma of coffee wafted over from the wee cafe on the other side.

After a while a largish sweet lady came and sat across from me.  She was hooked up to an oxygen tank and she visited with me for a while.  We were just getting into the more in depth interesting part of stranger conversation when a big blister, had to be six feet tall and big everywhere came and sat down.  She knew the oxygen tank lady.  Her face was not the best looking, about 45ish, ruddy...like she had been out in the wind and longish lanky dirty blond hair.

And she started to talk.  And talk and talk and talk.    The woman didn't have a filter in her being.  She was angry.  Angry with the psychiatrist.  "He told me I had schizophrenia.  And I told him no I don't.  I know because my friends (and she taps her head) up here told me so!"  I kid you not!!!  She actually said that.  Then she launched into a long diatribe about how she was pregnant with a menopause pregnancy and it was triplets.  She knew this cuz she stole a stethoscope and listened and heard three heartbeats.  And now she can't eat cuz the food in the hospital is drugged.  Her toast is soggy because of that and she can't eat those drugs.  Her boyfriend beat the shit out of her and no one here believes her and he is out there somewhere and she doesn't know where.  And on and on and on.  For an hour and a half.  Most interesting convo I have heard in yonks!!!

Soon Monte came out, bandaged up and tetanused.  We headed home, exhausted and ready to chill for a while.  That was yesterday.  Today we headed back over to his place and continued on.  The movers are coming the day after tomorrow so we must finish up tomorrow.  Also we have to go to the motor vehicle branch for Monte to get his drivers license back and me to change my address.

I bought a whole butchered and wrapped lamb sometime ago.  Today I have hooked up my new crockpot and put in some lamb stew.  I am currying it and I must say it smells divine.

  I am not so happy with the butcher on this lamb.  The stew meat is full of bones, uneven and badly cut.  The guy cut the legs of lamb in half!  I mean there isn't that much meat on it to begin with.  And the chops are very ragged and uneven.  I am not expecting Costco perfection but..... It does taste good though.  I am going to add whole carrots, then cauliflower chunks and large zucchini chunks.  A small bowl of rice and good to go.

Well gotta bounce.  Things to do.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment