Saturday, May 4, 2019

PACKITY PACK PACK PACK

I have been super enjoying having Monte here.  Not only is he a huge help but he is totally enjoyable.

And now, right at this minute, my house is in a shambles.  My only hope is there is no email requesting a showing in short order.  There is a showing on Tuesday though.  People are just going to have to overlook the packed boxes everywhere.  The moving truck arrives on the morning of the 14th. Eeeek!!!

Today both Anne and Kathy showed up and dug in!  Kathy packed the whole dining room.  My buffet was full of wine glasses, crystal glasses, platters, plates, serving bowls, Tiffany lamp...and she packed it all.  Meanwhile I stood on a wee stool in the kitchen with Anne and emptied the kitchen cupboards.  I am so fortunate that I have a friend that will take the stuff I am not packing and taking with me.  Makes it so much easier.

And guess what?  This time there is very little garbage!  Finally!  A sign that, this being the fourth move in five years, I have finally whittled down to kind of a bare bones situation here.  I really do not have much to get rid of.

So tomorrow I am going to finish off the kitchen and living room.  Maybe get started on the upstairs.  My goal is to be completely packed by Friday except for sleeping stuff.  That will give me a couple of days to fine tune a few things before D-day.

Monte and I bolted up to Costco tonight.  We bought a box of bankers boxes.  I like them...easy to make and easy to handle after they are packed.  I am going to fill all ten of them one way or the other tomorrow.  

Well my brain is scrambling at the moment.  It is quarter to ten at night and I am truly done for the day.  And thanks to my sister and friend and son, I am a lot further along than I would have been alone.  

Well I am going to lean back, put my sore feet up and shut my eyes.  I'm tired and my horse is tired, as my awesome Dad used to say.  I shall check in in a few days...lets see how close I get to my Friday goal!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment