Monday, May 13, 2019

LOW BALL IDIOTS

I have sold a lot of houses in my time.  At least enough to know that there is always at least one dumbass that puts in such a low ball offer its insulting.  Clearly these idiots don't watch HGTV, where all the selling and buying houses shows tell you...don't insult the buyer!

Amy, my realtor, called this morning.  She had an offer to present.  There were at least ten subjects, financing, inspections, strata crap etc....and the possession date to be in two weeks.  TWO WEEKS!!!  Okay that I can do but that is a huge ask.

I have this place listed for 339,900.00.  I am willing to go down to 335,000, no lower.  The one next door sold for that at Xmas.

The offer?  310,000.  Yeah!  310,000.  I am insulted.  Big mistake.  One...I don't have to sell this place til next year if I don't want to.  Two...this potential buyer just shot himself in the head.  I am a hard ass when it comes to selling.  And now, I just told Amy to counter at 337,900 and I won't go below that.  For this idiot I won't even go down to 335,000.  He will counter with another ridiculously low offer and I will counter back with 337,900.  Idiot!

I have also learned that usually when someone comes in that extremely low with so many subjects, they fit a certain 'type'.  I would run into them when I was a mortgage broker.  You can't deal with those people.  They are nothing but pick ass trouble.  The inspection will turn up something they will want me to pay to have fixed, they will want endless info from strata and/or the city, they will want extension after extension.

So I have instructed Amy to let any potential buyer I have all the time on my hands and I am not going to 'deal' with unrealistic people and to not waste everybody's time.

JEEZ!!!!  ttyl

PS:  Just got a text from Amy.  "They have decided it wasn't going to work and they have decided to not counter."  Idiot.







1 comment:

  1. Ok, I'll bite. WHAT is a blister? LOL.....besides being a woman with superhuman strength...

    ReplyDelete