Saturday, June 22, 2013

BILL! SERIOUSLY!! WTHELL


Bill reads this blog, so whatever I say I am aware he will be reading it.  So, with that in mind I am going to make a large complaint anyway.

We watch tv.  We watch shows like Justified, Magic City, Blue Bloods, CSI, Person of Interest...etc....
I can't just sit there and keep track of the story, the phone rings...I am the one to answer, the laundry needs moving, I am the one to move it, food needs cooking, I am the one cook it.  When I get back to the story and obviously have missed a tidbit, I will ask Bill...who is that? or what happened to him?.  And not once, not ever, does he know.  "I missed that part," "I'm not sure", "I don't know"  is his most common answer.  Really??  I would like to climb into his brain for just one show and see what it is he is actually getting out of it.  Just once it would be nice to get an accurate answer.  Lately I have taken to pausing the show and seeing if he is getting it and if not explaining it to him.  So ANNOYING!!!!!!  I hope he reads this!

His hearing is so bad and that may be part of it.  But....his ears, especially one of them, are blocked by ear wax.  Blocked.  He needs to go get them flushed.  A simple procedure that a lot of people have to go through about twice a year.  Do you think he will get his ass in there and do it?  NO!!  No reason.  He just won't.  So stupid.

It kind of sucks having to come to the realization that your age and stage is starting to limit what you can and cannot do, at least easily.  And I am not just talking about Bill.

At the end of the month we are going up Island to see both Monte and Kevin et al.  Originally the plan was to rent a giant uhaul and move all their stuff they are giving to Monte (originally all that stuff was ours from our last big house) over to Port Alberni.  Finally I looked at the calendar and realized that there is a long weekend in there, which totally restricts our ferry travel.  And just the thought of loading freezers, couches, shelving, dining room suite etc....shivers my timbers.  And I know that there is no way Bill can drive the truck anymore, which means I would be driving.  I could do it, have done it before on a much longer haul through the canyon years ago, but now?  No way.  I could to save a life but not to move crap.  There comes an age and stage where I fee quite comfortable drawing a line, and I am going to draw a line for Bill too.  We hired movers.  It won't cost much more.  And I can just see the gong show in Port Alberni.  Monte lives in the middle of hobo heaven.  Everyone of those dear old decrepit peeps would show up to help, with their hand out for recompense.  Its cheaper to hire movers!

We have kind of reached this conclusion in our house too.  Thus the lovely relationship we have with our fellas that reno our house.  They have been life savers.  Back in the day Bill and I did everything, from decorating to adding a bathroom.  Not anymore.  It would involve getting down on the floor and there is no way we would be able to get up again!!..

We have a very complicated stove fan.  When Aryn told me how much they paid for it I almost croaked.  And it seems the more you pay for something, the more complicated it is to maintain it.

Well, the lights burnt out in it.  They have been burnt out for some time.  But to change them you have to unscrew four teeny tiny minuscule screws, and don't drop them..they would be gone forever.  Then you pull down, carefully the whole fan/light unit and pop out two of those awful triangular type lights.  Bill went and bought a couple of replacements but it took Aryn and the manual to figure out how to pop them out and put in the new ones.  During all this all the wires had to be untoggled and unhooked. So now Bill reconnected and toggled the wires and put it back up in the fan unit.  But he couldn't bend over and look up enough to screw the screws back in.  Its different than taking them out, you have to watch and hold them and he just couldn't do it.  So when I try, I can't even SEE it.  I am almost blind in one eye and the other one isn't seeing at 100%.  So here we are, dependent on someone younger, more agile and can see.  Which came in the form of one of Monte's tiny friends.  He is very  electrical minded and popped that unit back together lickety split.  BUT...

Earlier Bill had noticed that the recommended wattage was way way less than the two bulbs he bought.  And when I suggested we change them he had fit and hollered No Way!!  I paid 20 bucks for those.  So...guess what?  They stay on for maybe five minutes if we're lucky, and then they overhear and go out.  JEEZ!!!  So now we have to do it all over again.  Really smart BILL!!

Well enough slagging on the old man.  He is watching episodes of Justified.  I was watching them too, I like the show, but all these new tv shows on Telus on Demand, are sooooo dark.  Half the time the screen is just black.  I actually googled it and it appears I am not the only one that has noticed this and is not happy.  There seems to be a debate about why, all I know is if the good people that make these shows want us to watch them, they should make them light enough to be seen.  About halfway through I told Bill that I won't watch.  Its stupid to watch a black screen and try to figure it out.  So now every few minutes he asks Who was that? or What did he have in his hand? or some such..and I keep telling him I won't watch it and that I quit and so I don't know.  He told me I was being difficult.  Hmmm.....

I just re read this post.  I think I need to get out of the house for  a while!  I have been wearing the same pj's since....I'm not sure.  Shower, wash hair and get out time!!!  TTYL

Random pics from the archives.



I HAD TWO SETS OF KIDS, 14 YRS APART.,,,THIS IS A PIC OF THE TWO YOUNGEST   HE IS TALL, SHE IS NOT SHORT

THIS GIANT ROCK MATCHED THE WATER

WHAT THE INSIDE OF MY HOUSE LOOKS LIKE!

KITCHEN CHAINSAW....THE MOST USEFUL UTENSIL EVER




No comments:

Post a Comment