Thursday, June 20, 2013

DINNERS AND DOGS AND A GIANT BEEF (THE COMPLAINT TYPE)

I feel inundated with dogs.  Monte is staying until the weekend so there are three dogs in the house.  You should see the floor.  Bill has been sweeping and sweeping but there is still so much dog hair everywhere.  Yesterday April was at our table doing a day of painting and she mentioned that the dog hair was in her paint and on her painting.  The lint trap in the dryer is full of dog hair.  The drain screen in the bottom of the dishwasher is full of dog hair.  The couch is beyond cleaning now.  And I am pretty sure if we fired up the fireplace, which we never ever do (an amazing waste of space in this space challenged house), there would be an instant combustion explosion.  And....to top this off, one of them, I think Parker, has managed to chew threw a couple of his stuffy dog toys.  There is fluff EVERYWHERE and one million tiny white balls all down the stairs, all over the deck, all over EVERYWHERE!!!!   I love Monte's dog, but he chews up things, poops on the deck and gets me up really early in the morning.  Fortunately, Monte is really good at cleaning up after him.  Its funny how we all argue about which one pooped.  Whenever there is another large dog (thus large poop, which immediately rules out Molly) and we come across one of their "gifts", we owners get into discussion about who's dog did it.  One time I am going to record the discussion...you wouldn't believe what we say!!!

I have been making dinners for everyone in the house the last few days.  I never get to cook anymore, Bill and I are just too fat and eat too much so its better if we just take care of our own meals on our own stomach's time.  But, with Monte here always accompanied by one or two of his buddies, and the kids downstairs, I cook.  It has been fun but I am getting that familiar itchy feeling on my stomach, which means its growing again.  Ah jeez!!!  Keeping my weight in control is way way way harder than quitting smoking was.  Way harder.  Tonite its salad and vegetable.  No gravy.  We have had curried chicken and all the accoutrement, rib dinner and all that goes with it including johnny cake with chilies and corn in it, and last night a massive shepherd's pie.  HUGE!!!  It weighed a ton.  And its almost gone!  Tonight its salad, and left over johnny cake.

Now and then, on a slow blog day like today, I will air one of my several beefs with something.  This time it is about the critical people out there that make not nice observations about people that watch reality shows and follow entertainment news.

I LOVE them!  And I make no bones about it, no apologies.  I love reality shows, all of them.  I love Survivor, Amazing Race, Top Chef, Chopped, Master Chef, 72 Hours, The Hero etc.....I admit I don't watch the shows that are about certain people's lives, like the Kardashians etc..I just watch the competition/race ones.  And I love documentaries about people.  It appeals to the snoop in me.

But...it amazes me how people out there are so scathing about those of us that like those shows.  What difference does it make?  I love hearing the latest news about famous people and I love watching people getting booted off shows.  I hear that Survivor music and my heart quickens!!!!  LOL!!  I like to see how many places Bill and I have been on Amazing Race.  I love watching that mean cow Judge Judy ream people out.  I have learned so much about cooking from the cooking reality shows, not that I use the info.  I love criticizing the singers on the singing reality shows.  I try to guess which house the new house buyers are going to pick out of the three.  I like to try to spot the camera peeps filming Mantracker whilst he is hunting down his prey.  Harmless pass time.  I am secure enough in the knowledge that I am reasonably smart (not whiz bang brilliant but somewhat smart), I have a very busy productive life...and I watch reality/daytime tv.  Yet, people are so freaking judgemental about those of us that do.

Recently I got into a back and forth on facebook message with one of these superior intelligent beings, who was being very arrogant in his judgements of all things to do with reality tv.  I took the conversation private and proceeded to really listen to what his reasons were.  What it boiled down to, as it always boils down to, they just don't enjoy that type of tv.  Which is totally fine.  But to take it to the insult level is not okay.  I finally asked him if he watched sports.  Yes, he did.  Football, hockey and baseball.  Really?  And how is a bunch of men chasing a little ball/puck any different on an intelligence level?  I hate watching sports, boring and pointless to me but I understand that people are as enamoured with sports as some of us are about reality tv.  "Reality shows are so contrived!"  Yes, but so are movies and dramas etc...and we enjoy them.  Entertainment is entertainment.  No intelligence needed.  Just pick your poison, sit back and relax and chill.  And DON"T JUDGE!  If you don't have a pointless relaxation involving the tv in your life to some degree then you won't understand.  And thats my beef today and if you need some updating on any pointless tv show, not including sports, just give me a call!!!!

Now on to my day.  Bill is meeting his little friends for a play date!!  Hahaha...one of them just had a pipe cleaning operation, poor guy.  Bill keeps inviting me along but there is no way!  I wouldn't be able to stand sitting through a lunch with 3 old dudes cracking jokes I have heard a million times.  I feel really sorry for the waitress.  Its the same girl every time and I can only imagine what she goes through every Thursday.  After, Bill is picking me up and we are making a trip to the dump.  The truck is full, I cleaned out purple room.  Then we are going to RBC and cancelling our Westjet Mastercard.  150 bucks we just paid in annual fees for those two cards.  Granted we did get an almost free return ticket to Maui this year but those fees are just too high.  And...20% interest rate.  I always have it paid off, but I don't want to take a chance.

I am moving pics over from the old laptop.  On days that I don't have new pics I will choose a couple from the latest import.  You will probably have seen them before.  TTYL




WE TOTALLY BY ACCIDENT DISCOVERED THIS SWINGING BRIDGE IN MT. CURRIE

FORT TIME



BLOWING A FEATHER INTO A CONTAINER...SHE WAS GOOD!!!

CUP GAMES

ARYN HUNTING FOR BEER PONG BALLS

MUFF DIVING?

I SHARED WITH BILL

I THOUGHT MY BROTHER WAS GOING TO HAVE A HEART ATTACK HE WAS LAUGHING SO HARD



1 comment:

  1. Amazing Race Canada starts very soon! Yippee! hope it's good!

    ReplyDelete