Sunday, June 2, 2013

GOAL: LESS THAN FIFTY STEPS

And I did it.  I stayed in bed ALL day.  Once in a while I just decide that that is what I am going to do. I didn't have anything pressing on the agenda and I had a lot of tech work to get through (booking for sept. trip, checking on July's trip etc...) plus I am reading a ken Follett book thats really hard to put down.  I also watched two documentaries...one on North Korea and one on the awful company Monsanto and what they are doing to gain a monopoly on the world food supply.  All in all a very successful day!

But, as a result I don't have much to report.  Monte was gone all day.  Bill was outside in the garden or on facebook all day.  No one came to visit.  No one phoned.  All my trip confirmations worked out.  I posted a nasty but realistic review about our hotel in Paris on tripadvisor.  Perfect day.

I want to write about our beloved coffee pot.  Keurig.  Amazing.  But....before any of you decide you may want to buy one I do have one downfall to mention....you end up drinking ten times the amount of coffee than you did before.  I was talking with some people in Costco beside where they sell the coffee for the keurig and we all agreed.  We drink so much more coffee.  I started to keep track.  I used to drink one travel mug of coffee in the morning, and usually was dumping half that out.  Now...I am drinking up to five or six mugs each morning.  I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but I purloined (and I am not proud of this) about six mugs from one of the Princess cruises we were on.  They are truly the most perfect mug you can own.  They are made of a certain plastic that keeps the coffee hot longer than china mugs.  They are not huge and not tiny, just right.  They are really light.  And they hold a perfect sized and strength cup of keurig coffee.  So combine all that and I am drinking three times the amount of coffee I used to drink.  We are always running out of pods and you get them in boxes of a hundred!  I may need some more mugs...hmmmm....we are going to be on a Princess ship in July....

Here is the second half of the highlights and I included two pics of the mugs!!  TTYL  (and totally out of order I might add...can't figure out why)
Add caption








BEAUTIFUL BRUGGE




BEAUTIFUL LANDAU, GERMANY


THE CAR!


THE LAND OF THE CUCKOO CLOCK



SKYPING




SAD DACHAU


DACHAU


TERMINAL 3 HEATHROW

BEST MUG ON THE PLANET


OUR HOTEL ENTRANCE IS DOWN BY BILL





MUNICH

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures and if I had known you were staying in bed all day,I would have called and harassed you!

    ReplyDelete