Wednesday, June 26, 2013

DOG POOP...TIRED OF IT

This will be a short one today.  Monte and I are heading up to Port today.  Bill is going to stay here.  He has lots of gardening to do but I suspect he will be spending a LOT of time in his chair, on facebook.  We will see.  Its Monte's birthday tomorrow so I think I shall cook him a "his choice" dinner in his place tomorrow.

I love his dog.  I am going to miss his dog.  But I gotta tell you, I am getting a little tired of dog crap.  With three of them needing to go out all the time, crap all over the yard (it is hard to keep up with when its raining, even if it is pick upable} and Kenai can't just be put out, you have to take him.  He runs away apparently.  And...he's a farty dog.  So all night long I keep waking up to awful smells.  Time for him to go home.

We have had some awesome news here in this house.  We have known for a while but we were waiting for actual confirmation before making an announcement.  It looks like Andrew has been hired by the government to work on the tug boats at the naval yard in Esquimalt, Victoria, BC.  And...he starts on Aug 6!!  This means they have to move, and soon.  And that means, we get to move.  We have been wanting to get out of this hellish city for a long time.  I can honestly say I intensely dislike Vancouver.  The traffic, noise and most of all, the snotty nasty people in this city have done me in.  I want out and so does Bill.  We were somewhat restricted before because we absolutely need the kids to be living with us.  If they don't we can't travel.  You can't kennel a dog for months on end and you can't leave a house for months.  So, we are going to buy a house over there in August and then fix up this one and get it sold.  I think that we will be looking for one that has two complete living levels and we will take the smaller one.  They can have the main part as they and the dogs are there full time.  We have often thought here that it was backwards.  We should be downstairs and they should be up here.  I am so excited.  I LOVE moving.  I really LOVE it.  And I only have one close friend in the whole world, whom I don't see nearly as often as I would like.  She lives in Surrey so it is difficult to see each other regularly.  But...now it will be sleepover visits...so much better.  She works but when she gets a day off I can go over there the night before and sleep over two nights so we can get a whole day together.  I am so excited.

We are gone all July and Sept.  so we will be intensely house hunting in August.  We already have Aryn on the financing end of it!  And I have been spending serious time on MLS looking at places.  We may have to get a place with suite potential and live here while its being finished or built, kind of like the kids did here.  It took us a month to build the suite downstairs.  Meanwhile they can move in as soon as we own it.  I foresee many many trips to the dump in our immediate future.  Love going to that dump!!!!!

Last night we took them to Milestones to celebrate and discuss plans.  April is so happy for Andrew but kind of feeling discombobulated and sad to be leaving her happy little world here...Keats, best friends etc...  So we ate and talked and planned.

Now I must go pack and get ready to go.  I shall not put any pics on today but I will take them as we go.  I will be blogging every day.  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment