Friday, June 14, 2013

PUKEY

Again.  The pills I am on, at least I presume thats it, make me pukey a lot of the time.  When I got up in Winthrop I felt awful.  I sat on the couch quite a while deep breathing and trying to make it go away.

I had forgotten just how beautiful the Cascades are.  We went through some astounding scenery.  The top of highway 20 west is closed for half the year...it is pretty high up.  It was cold too, but crystal clear and sunny.  So beautiful.  I shall post some pics here.

We had planned on having a picnic along the way, but I forgot all the food in the fridge at Winthrop.  Damn!!  But we had bought those tuna snack packs at Costco in Kamloops so we had a couple of those along with some cheese Bill had bought.  I wasn't hungry anyway.  But there was a lot of fruit and a whole bag of carrots and an unopened expensive bottle of roquefort dressing left behind.  I ALWAYS do that.  I even told myself a hundred times, "don't forget the fridge stuff" and then promptly did.

Other than being beautiful, the trip was uneventful and pleasant.  We were going to have dinner in Bellingham then head on home, but we made a split second decision to go up to Sumas and cross over the border there.  That spits us out at Abbotsford.  And...right there is a Costco, and I needed groceries. And the closer we got to the border, the darker the skies became until it was outright downpouring.  Stupid rain.  We made a stop before the border to gas up, and to buy butter (2.29/lb) cheese, shredded texmex mix (8 bucks for five pounds) and jumbo eggs (1.49/lb).  Crazy!  We had a quick stop at Costco.  Bill had a hot dog but I still wasn't feeling all that well so I didn't eat.   We got home around seven.  April was sitting at our dining room table doing another one of her awesome paintings.

Yesterday I didn't leave the house.  Bill went and met his old buds for lunch.  I did a whole bunch of stuff on the laptop.  Monte arrived around 5:30 with Kenai.  What a sweet dog!  He is so gentle and loving, but still very young.  We had dinner and then Monte left for the evening.  Before he left he put Kenai's kennel on the deck.  Apparently he sleeps in that in Monte's kitchen every night.  So, I took him out to the deck at bedtime and attempted to put him in it.  He took one look and turned back to the deck door and cried.  And I mean cried.  It almost made me cry!  There was absolutely no way in hell could I put that dog in that kennel.  I just couldn't do it.  So I took him to our bedroom, made a bed on the floor for him, told Monte to just leave him, and he slept so peacefully there all night long.  He is such a sweetheart.  Now its morning and he is out on the deck on a dog bed.  He seems more happy out there, which is quite typical for Mountain Pyranees.  And I can't believe I am going on and on about a damn dog...I don't even like dogs!

Today is laundry laundry laundry.  Monte is in the midst of doing his and I shall be doing mine as soon as he is done.  So exciting.  TTYL!
YE OLDE FAMILY PORTRAIT...ITS RARE THAT WE ARE ALL TOGETHER..LEFT TO RIGHT:  ME BILL KERRY KATHY (SISTER) ANTONIA STAN (BROTHER) AND IN FRONT MOM

I  COULD LIVE THERE

THIS IS THE EXACT SPOT THAT WE LEFT OUR LITTLE DOG PRINCESS...AND NEVER EVER SAW HER AGAIN :):(:(

I AM A SUCKER FOR INDIAN PAINTBRUSH






I AM A SUCKER FOR DAMS TOO







BILL'S A SUCKER FOR ALL THINGS LIVING



WE DROVE OVER THAT, THE CANYON ON THE OTHER SIDE WAS SCARY DEEP


I COULD HAVE LIVED THERE

SUCH A SWEET DOG

AND SHE WASN'T GETTING OFF BILL'S LAP FOR NOTHIN'

No comments:

Post a Comment