Wednesday, October 21, 2015

MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT

Can't sleep.  And I don't like where my brain is wandering around.  I always try to go back to sleep and sometimes I do.  But when I find my thinking is getting stupid and going in  ever increasingly speedy circles, its time to sit up and read or blog or put on the pvr.  This morning its writing up a post.  I haven't taken pics yet of my next discard but I will put extra in the next post.  I know what I am tossing though.

I ordered two pairs of tights/pants/jegging type things from the online fat lady store.  How wrong can that go?  Well, apparently very wrong.

They arrived at the door yesterday.  I was happy.  These aren't your normal tights, cuz they look like pants, which, as I have iterated here before, I have vast difficulty finding ones that fit.  Tights are a nice compromise and tights that look like pants are a really really good compromise.

So, I was excited.  I ordered the smallest size they have, which seems ridiculous given the size of my girth.  I yanked the package open and pulled out the suedeish looking one, the heavy material one that I was most looking forward to most.  They would look fantastic with boots.  I shook them out, admiring their extra heavy weight, and ......Jeez!  I rapidly checked the size on the tag...yes they were X...the smallest they sell.  I couldn't believe it!!!  They would have fit a fat bottomed elephant!  I was so disappointed!  There wasn't even a point of trying them on.  The other ones were much lighter, much smaller (still a little too big though) and looked like corduroy,  which I liked.  I shall keep them.

Today I am meeting Dana and her mom for lunch. I love meeting with Dana.  We always end up laughing ourselves silly.  And I haven't had a chance to really visit with Mary Ellen in yonks.  I so enjoy both of those women.  And Dana is taking the tv off my hands!!!  I guess they can use it at their cabin!  Makes me happy!  I also bought a giant can of almond rocca for Brad.  He used to live with us years and years ago.  He was working for his Dad in our office.  We used to always give him almond roca for xmas.  So for old times sake I picked up a can at Costco.

After lunch today I have to go into BCAA with the will and the death cert.  Apparently, I have discovered, they didn't cancel the insurance on the Victoria house.  They needed a copy of the will.  I didn't know that.  So I will be getting about three hundred bucks back!  Ever since I put myself on a budget, every little bit counts.

HEY!!  I just saw the date!!  Its my birthday today.  I think I am 63, I will have to do the math.  I was born in 1952.  My birthday present to myself is going to be four skookum goodyear winter tires that are on sale at Canadian Tire (thank you Stan for the heads up and advice).  Maybe I will make me a mug cake and use splenda instead of sugar.  

So I went down and voted the other day.  I was going to make friends in the line up...and there was no line up.  The place was empty!  I whipped over to my station, they gave me the ballot, I went behind the cardboard and put my x right where I had not planned to.  My mind was all made up, I was voting my usual party line and then boom!  my hand wouldn't do it and the x went elsewhere.  I couldn't believe it!

  I am glad its over.  I was pretty appalled at the nasty disrespectful attitudes out there against Harper.  I understand why people are not happy with him, neither was I, but I think people crossed the line with the hate and, frankly exaggerated lies about him and his party.  I was surprised that the parties actually ran  pretty clean campaigns, it was the media and the populous that did the dirty slinging this time.  So much hate.

I love living alone.  I know I have said this before.  But sometimes old habits die hard and when I have completed an old habit task, I look around and thats when I miss living with Bill.

The other morning I got the urge to cook.  Before Bill passed, I would do this about every three or four days.  I would make something huge, Bill would eat it, as would I, and I would freeze at least two meals out of the rest.  Its the only cooking, other than company cooking, I would do.  

So, the other morning, operating on habit, I took a whole chicken and turned it into a massive pot of chicken and dumplings.  They were the best tasting dumplings I have made in a long long time.  Damn they were good!!!  But when I was done it dawned on me that I would have to eat the whole dang thing myself.  Monte doesn't eat my stuff, he has his own food agenda, and there is no Bill going back to the pot over and over.  Fortunately I had two brand new big ziplock containers, which I filled to the brim and put in the freezer.

  I am turning into my mother!  Her freezer, and it was one of those old HUGE ones, was plumb full of curried chicken (her and Kathy's style), frozen berries, apple crisp, deer meat, and all sorts of yummy interesting labelled things.  Now, I will never label, I just aint the type, but my freezer is beginning to look a lot like hers.  I miss cooking for Bill.

I just read over this post and its ridiculous and rambling.  Thats what seems to happen in the middle of the night.  Its kind of cool though.  I sit here in the pitch dark, and I turn the light down low on the screen and it feels like you all are sitting here with me...it sure isn't lonely so thanks people!  Jeez, now I am really sounding crazy....or cray cray as they say now.  Good night, or morning peeps!  TTYL 

No comments:

Post a Comment