Wednesday, October 28, 2015

TAKING IT TO SIXTY ONE

I have totally lost count on my discards and days etc...So today I will go find six things and try to keep up.  Except....Monte and I are heading to Vancouver and Port Alberni on Friday and I will miss a few days again.

But first a catch up.  We met Jo, Craig and Eliana for sushi at lunch.  We had some awesome sushi and good company.  Monte went off to his end of probation chit chat.  On my way home a bit later my phone in my jeep rang.  Fortunately I have blue tooth.  It was Monte.

They didn't hire him permanently.  I couldn't believe it.  This is a guy that never once was late, never ever missed a shift, never once said no when they phoned him at the last minute to cover a shift (which they did ALL the time).  They would schedule him for three shifts, then call him in and he would work six days out of the week.  After heavy duty questioning Monte, by myself, to figure it out, I sort of got the impression that what they do is hire people for the probation period then, unless they are perfect, they move on to other applicants.  Once you go past the probation period, an employer is stuck with you.

He told Monte that they really really liked him, but the only complaint they had was he was slow at his work in the kitchen (dishes, prep, clean up). And  the guy felt that the job wasn't really suited to him.  Well I won't go into how devastating this is to him.  Suffice it to say that this has caused all kinds of havoc in his self esteem.  The upside of it all is that now his beautiful van won't take any more of a beating.  He doubled his kilometres on it and went through three tires.  The job is really hard on vehicles.

That night I picked up K&K and it sounds like they had such an amazing trip.  Eastern Europe, Venice, Germany....All by train and bus.  I can't wait to see their pics and hear the stories.

Saturday night I was inducted into the Kiwanis club.  The new officers were also announced and inducted.  I know how this may sound to some people.  Fuddy duddy do gooders.  And yes, we are mostly all over sixty, even over 70.  But you have to realize, we were all in our youth during the sixties and we were the generation that broke the social molds.  That never leaves you.  So a lot of us in there are a bunch of closet renegades and when there are no members of other generations around, we cut loose and honestly, I had a total hoot that night.  What a fun bunch of people and so funny.  Totally enjoyable.

Sunday was quiet.  Monte and I went out to Frick and Frack for dinner.  It was alright.  Its a good thing I am not a food critic right now.  I am just not enjoying food.  Within a few bites I start feeling pukey.  I will say this, the calamari wasn't good.  It smelt really fishy and it was just neatly sliced rings...not the mish mash of the ring part and the spidery ones.  And they weren't fried properly and were rubbery and hard to chew.  I am finding its really hard to find a restaurant with really yummy tasting well cooked food that isn't a huge mound of meat.

Yesterday, Monday, Anne came over.   After a morning of coffee and talk we headed into the kitchen and while Anne cleaned, bless her heart, I made cinnamon buns. Mmmmmmmm...they turned out soooo good.  Anne went and got Larry, her husband, and brought him back up to the house here for dinner.  He was totally delightful!!  He plays the piano and loves music.  Monte went to superstore and picked up a chicken and caesar salad and cheeses.  So we sat in our pretty dining room and ate fresh baked bread and all the other stuff.  We finished the meal off with fresh cinnamon buns.  Soooo good.

Larry played the piano, Monte played then I played.  Monte showed Larry all his musical instruments downstairs and then we spent a delightful evening visiting and playing music on my lap top.   A great evening.

And now today.....Kiwanis meeting at noon and at two this afternoon a piano tuning.  The piano was so out of tune last time, Lance had to bring it up to pitch.  When that happens, it needs another tuning in three months.  Tonight its dinner at Kathy's.  I hope they are going to show some pictures.  Tomorrow I am going to attempt another doctor visit and Thursday its clean and pack for our few days trip.  We may make an attempt to go up to Bamfield so we shall take some of Bill with us.  Also, Kevin and family are arriving in Vancouver on the fifth.  Yay!!!!!!  And I see another awesome lunch with Clare and Tish if they are available.  I want to see them every opportunity I get.  Monte wants to see them too this time.  So, Clare, I shall be calling you!!!

Now, down to the hell hole to find six more items. I did see one in the garage, in fact I couldn't believe what I was looking at when I saw it.  I am going to go get it and take a pic of it!  I have a really big item to get rid of too.  TTYL

  
THIS IS A LEE VALLEY TOOL AWESOME GARDEN WAGON.  I WILL NEVER NEED IT AGAIN SO ITS GOTTA GO.  BUT...THE LADY THAT IS GOING TO BE MY HANDYMAN IN REPAYMENT FOR USING THE CONDO IN MAUI IS GOING TO TAKE IT!!!  


CAN YOU BELIEVE I FOUND A SECOND ONE OF THESE USELESS THINGS?

AN EPIC FAIL...SOMEHOW I KILLED THE YEAST...I BLAME THE PIANO TUNER...I THOUGHT HE WOULD NEVER QUIT TALKING AND BY THE TIME HE LEFT IT HAD OVER PROOFED


A WHOLE PILE OF PRETTY PINK WASHCLOTHS...I COULD USE THEM FOR DISH RAGS BUT I AM SURE SOMEONE AT THE THRIFT STORE WOULD LIKE THEM...THEY ARE REALLY SOFT AND FLUFFY AND PINK

NOT INTO AFRICAN STUFF

ANYONE WHO CAME TO BAMFIELD MAY RECOGNIZE THESE

A LARGE GEODE...IT LOOKED GOOD IN OUR SANTA FE TYPE BATHROOM IN THE LOG HOUSE...DON'T NEED IT ANYMORE.  THE PRICE TAG IS STILL ON THE BOTTOM...59.99 BUCKS!  ITS ALL CRYSTALLY INSIDE

PUEBLO TILE TRIVETS-GOT THESE IN NEW MEXICO

ALMOST BRAND NEW MONITORED STUDIO HEAD PHONES....THEY WERE 129 BUCKS!  BUT THEY NEED BATTERIES SO THEY DON'T WORK ON AIRPLANES...TOO MUCH INTERFERENCE AND THATS THE ONLY TIME I NEED HEADPHONES.




No comments:

Post a Comment