Wednesday, October 7, 2015

No. 38, 39, 40, 41 &42..PHOTOGRAPHY

I have another vent.  Photography has kind of ruined part of my life.  I see everything now through an imaginary viewfinder.  My finger starts twitching and if I don't get my camera I get restless and a naggy unhappy feeling sits in the back of my brain.  I can't seem to just enjoy a view anymore. 

 For example I wake up long before it gets light.  I read or write or whatever until an orange glow starts up over the Harper ranch on top of the mountains across the valley.  As the air starts to warm up a wee bit, we begin to see streaks of fog fingers shooting up from the river, into the sky.  Pretty soon, as the sky lightens, the fingers slowly form into a solid blanket running low, the length of the river, snaking right through the valley, to disappear around the bend at the end...out of sight.  

When the sun finally crests over the horizon, the tips of the gloriously coloured maples, poplars, birch and many others glow brilliantly like jewels against the soft white cloud.  And my finger starts to twitch.  I force myself to sit here and try to enjoy the panorama...but I can't.  And of course, the subsequent pictures I take simply don't do it justice. Very disappointing.

I spent the entire day yesterday putting out fires in my mail/email/bills world.  I made the mistake of changing my mastercard from Bmo to a Capital One mastercard.  My very high limit was reduced to almost nothing.  And upon phoning them I was subjected to a total, uncooperative bitch.  I switched because of Costco but given the amount of times I DON'T go to Costco, in hindsight, it was a stupid move.  I am not going to use that card.  Apparently, a little birdie told me that Costco members have trouble with Capital One mastercards.

I also heard from Kevin.  The strata council at the Maui condos has completely changed and now so does the place we pay our fees.  Damn!!!  I can't just change the automatic withdrawal pmts that they insist on without being there.  They will have no choice but to accept cheques.  And there were endless other things.  I literally spent the entire day being my own secretary.  (shovel list)

And today is going to be spent tooting around running errands.  (another shovel list item)  There are a least fifty things I have to go do.  Tomorrow Monte is going to help me set the dining room up. I am looking forward to that!  Thursday I shall attempt the doctor again and do some shopping for groceries for the weekend.  Stan and Antonia, Myles and April are arriving Fri. night. 

Now it is Wednesday night.  I had the most prosperous day today, but you would never know by looking at my house.  This morning I left the house by nine and headed out to the storage unit to change my credit card.  Can you believe they can't take it over the phone?  And not only that they use one of those old school slidy things to get the card imprint.  Ridiculous.  

I then hit the post office up for three parcels that they couldn't leave at the door last week.  Fun stuff!  Mostly shoes and moccasins from SoftMoc, my all time fave shoe store.  I also got a couple of sport sandals...the kind I really really like but can never find.  I will never get tired of them.  I also got a stompin' evil lookin' pair of combat boots to go with Tank.  Actually they are good in the snow.

After getting home I swung into action and started to deal with all the stuff that has accumulated in the dining room.  Monte came upstairs and gave me a hand.  He moved a mountain for me.  Its almost ready for the table and buffet...although I have no idea how we are going to get them upstairs.  Maybe when Myles and April come the four of us can do it.  I am excited to have a dining room again.  I really need it!

This weekend we have been invited to Craig and Jo's new house for a prime rib dinner!  Now this is special.  Craig is a foody and an amazing chef.  So this dinner is going to be incredible.  Plus, we will get to watch Ainsley and all her antics...one of my personal fave past times!

On Sunday Myles and April and I are going to head up to Sun Peaks.  I have booked us into the SunPeaks Grand Resort for the night and made reservations at a nearby restaurant called the Powder Hounds.  The menu there was stupendous!  At this time of year I am sure its going to be beautiful!  We were going to go up to Wells Grey Park but there just isn't enough time.  We will go in the spring and do some camping!

So here we go...five more pics.  Its still looking like a hell hole downstairs.  I have four full boxes out in the garage now.  TTYL
NO CLUE WHAT THIS IS....GOT IT IN CHINA


REMINDED ME OF BILL...GOT IT IN A THRIFT STORE LAST YEAR...I WAS GOING TO GIVE IT TO HIM IF HE EVER GOT OUT OF THE HOSPITAL

A NEW FLAT SCREEN...I USED IT OFF AND ON FOR SIX TO EIGHT MONTHS...DON'T NEED IT ANYMORE


THIS ONE IS HARD...BUT I CAN'T USE IT AND THE KIDS DON'T WANT IT.  WE BOUGHT THIS IN AN ART GALLERY IN CARMEL ONE YEAR.  THE LEMON AND THOSE TWO DARK COLOURED FRUIT ARE LIFE SIZE AND ATTACHED TO THE BOWL


A BLACK BASKET I USED FOR ONE MONTH...GOTTA GO!



4 comments:

  1. OMG...I LOVE that pig! That is the funniest freaking things I have EVER seen. Ever. Where the heck do you find this stuff? I never find stuff like that at thrift stores....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops...meant to say "thing" not "things" . Was laughing too hard, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Helen - We could use the tv at the cabin (ours is probably from the '80's!?! Pay you some cash for it! Dana

    ReplyDelete