Saturday, October 3, 2015

VANCOUVER LIFE

I have some fun stuff and a couple of rants.  The rants first maybe.

Cyclists.  They die.  Or almost die then whine.  I saw more cyclists run red lights, ride down public sidewalks, smack into people and completely disobey the laws.  I can honestly say I didn't see any vehicles doing any of this.

One cyclist blew right through a red light, right in front of a car coming through.  She managed to screech to a stop.  When I caught up to him at a light that he could not cavalierly blast through, I wound my widow down and hollered at him...how he was a f.... idiot and he is going to get hit and if he does don't whine about car drivers.  He hung onto my jeep and wouldn't let go til I drove away.  They need to get off the main roads or we need to start ticketing them, just like car drivers get.

I have so quickly forgotten what it is like living in a busy, full of people city.  A top of the list requirement is patience.  Which my children will tell you I have none.  One has to line up, hurry up and wait, defensively drive and wend your way through confusing construction.  I will be happy for Tank and me to get back to calmer places.

Its been a busy week.  As I mentioned earlier I had an amazing lunch with Tish and Clare.  On Wednesday morning I drove April out to the dentist in Port Moody.  It was lovely to see them all again.

While we were there we went into Thrifty's.  While I paid for the groceries, April used their loo.  When she came out a man went into the bathroom, she noticed because it was a women's facility.  Right away she noticed she had left her wallet on the back of the toilet.  When the man came out he was kind of hiding her wallet against his leg.  She stopped him and asked for it.  He said he was in the process of taking it to lost and found but gave it to her.  Upon opening it she discovered he had stolen 255 bucks out of it.  Well, holy crap...she was soooooo upset, to the point of shaking and tears.  We hit him up but of course he denied it.  We then went to customer service and they looked through the security tapes but discovered there was no camera coverage for the bathroom doors.  Poor April.  She was just sick.

I took a very very sad and disillusioned girl back home.  That afternoon Aryn and I attended an estate planning seminar...so interesting and very informative. 

 That evening April, Aryn and I went downtown and had the most fun time!  The best part though was the phone call we got from the TD around seven.  They had tracked down my phone number from the Thrifty purchase I had made, and phoned to tell me that the guy who stole the money, being worried about his face being spotted on the videos and police getting involved etc.., brought the money back and turned  it in.  We couldn't believe it!!!  April was so relieved and happy she was almost giddy.

The evening did turn out to be crazy fun, from eating bone marrow and sweetbreads at Wildebeast to drinking lattes, wine and tomato soup at Urban Winery.  Sooo much laughter and fun shenanigans with my girls.

The next day Aryn, Myles, April and I met at a condo they have been interested in.  Its a foreclosure and probably not going to happen for them this time but it is a lot of fun to go see the possible ones.  Aryn has a lot of experience so I was glad she took the time to meet us there.  From there I took April back to Thriftys out in Port Moody and she picked up her money and met the heros involved who took the time and effort to get it back to her.  We even went to the TD to thank the girl there that tracked my number down.  A real feel good trip!

We then met Jess at Red Robin for a quick lunch.  We couldn't stay long as April had a million things to do and a painting to finish.  I took her home and headed out to Cookie's, where I am sitting right now. 

 Last night Pam came over and the three of us have started to plan our Feb. Cuba trip.  Gail arrived and made the evening even more fun and lively. The Cuba trip requires a very different sort of planning than other destinations.  Today, Saturday, we had a leisurely morning of coffee, breakfast and visiting.  We then went over to TJ's.  I got to see her awesome new house and her wonderful little boy Maxin.  So clever and cute.  We had a good visit and then headed to a diner for lunch.  Delicious!!!  Then some shopping at Homesense and Fat Lady Store.  I will write about that one tomorrow.  Egads!!!  You haven't lived until you have had some huge woman's hands in your bra.  I will explain tomorrow!  We also had a fast but awesome visit with Darren and Devika and Rylan.  Jeez!  what a busy little fellow he is!!  And this time I got a good hug out of him!  It was so good to see D & D too.  Way too much time goes by between visits!

Now, after an evening of Amazing Race and Survivor, I am settled into Cookie's downstairs recliner and I am sleepy!  Home tomorrow!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment