Friday, October 23, 2015

NOS. 53,54 BIRTHDAY/BREAKFAST AND BISTRO

The other morning just as I was finishing up the last post here, my phone rang.  What???  It was so early, middle of the night kinda.  It was Monte.  He had heard me rustling about up here so he knew I was awake.  "Want to go for breakfast?  Dennys'?"  he asks.  "Sure!!!" I answered.

So in the pitch black we hopped into Tank and headed down to Dennys'.  There were a couple of 'odd' people in there already!  We ordered our fave, Monte always gets a breakfast sandwich of some sort and I get the lumberman's breakfast.  Like I can eat it all!  hahaha!!!  It took forever for them to bring it but it was oh so good when it came.  Pancakes, sausages, bacon, eggs, hash browns, toast, marmalade.  Mmmmmm..  When it was time to pay, Monte got my drivers license to show it was my birthday so she knocked ten bucks off the bill!  We were back home and in bed before it got light out!

Twice that day the door bell rang and I found delivery peeps with beautiful flowers.  The first one was from my darling daughter Aryn.  It was so pretty and purple and pink and looks perfect in my purple room.  The second one was from my awesome brother and his wife.  They were so beautiful...the colours of fall.  They are sitting in my lovely living room.  I shall put a couple pics at the end here.  I love getting flowers!  

At I met Dana and her mom Mary Ellen for a delightful hilarious lunch.  They are the most enjoyable people!  I could spend hours with them but I think I might talk too much!  They are just the kind of people that just bring it out in you.  I love that!  Honestly, it was the best time.  I hope we do it again really soon.  One of the stories that Mary Ellen told just about cracked me up!!  And Dana told a dog story (that involved three not so innocent males!) that outdid any of mine.  So much fun!

And if that were not enough, Monte took me out for dinner at Harolds.  Yum!  We had a lot of fun.  And, I spent about an hour face timing with Kevin and I got to talk to the kids too!  Awesome.  So all in all it was a pretty fantastic birthday.  

Yesterday morning I hopped down to Jo's for coffee and banana bread.  Ainsley was an absolute hoot!!  She came over and arms up right away.  Up onto my knee and I fed her pieces of muffin.  What a live wire she is!!!  And she is so independent....she goes all over the house to play, far away from Mom.  Very impressive!!!  She is so cute!  I will post a couple pics!  I had a great visit, as usual, with Jo.  I love visiting with her...she has opinions and doesn't hesitate to state them.  I really appreciate that in people.  We really did have a great post election talk!

From there I headed up to Kathy's to pick up the key to their van.  I am picking them up tonight at the airport.  Excited!!  Then I headed up to Canadian Tire.  Stan called me and told me that the winter tires I should have were on sale.  My tires, great as they are, do not have the snow flake on them that is required for highway driving.  But when they came out to see what size my tires were they laughed at me.  They said that even though the tire has only a M&S (mud and slush) and no snowflake, they were so good that they were better than the ones that they would be putting on.  And, apparently when you have skookum tires, you don't need the snowflake.  Confusing.  So I phone the transport BC people and they told me that if you have really good M&S tires, you don't need the snowflake.  So, Stan, if you are reading this, my apologies.  I didn't get new tires afterall.

But Monte is another story.  Not only is he getting new tires, he is getting even one more step up to the Nordics that Stan recommended.  Arctic!!  

I popped into Milestones for a solitary quick lunch.  They make a fantastic veggie burger...in my opinion the best thing they make.  So good.  Last night I went to the Noble Pig and met with all the grad people that could make it.  There were only about ten of us but we had a fantastic time!  I had their classic mac and cheese.  

I hopped on the scale this morning and I have dropped ten pounds.  You would think after all that eating I wouldn't have lost.  Maybe its because I have pretty much quit eating meat and I can only eat about half of what I used to.  I get pukey if I eat too much or eat meat.  I miss eating tons.

So now I am home today, or at least til tonite when I go get Kathy and Kerry.  They will be so tired.  They boarded their plane hours ago in Dusseldorf and they change planes in Vancouver later this afternoon and land in Kamloops tonite.  I have lots of memories of doing just that with Bill.  So exhausting...the only part of travel I didn't like.

Now today I headed down to the dr. and once again he isn't coming in today.  I have to stop trying on Fridays!  I think Monte and I are meeting Jo and Craig for all you can eat sushi at this place right near where Monte works.  Today is his end of probation at work and the manager wants to meet with him at 1:30 for a talk.  Eeek!!  I hope it goes well.  He loves that job.  It would be pretty devastating if they let him go. I can't imagine why they would but you never know.  Fingers crossed.

So now I am going to sally forth and take some pics of flowers etc...  TTYL
THE BEAUTIFUL FLOWERS ARYN SENT ME...STAN AND ANTONIA'S PIC WILL BE IN THE NEXT POST

GETTING RID OF TWO OF THESE...SOLIC MAHOGANY JEWEL BOXES...THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL BUT I JUST DON'T USE THEM...AT LEAST NOT ENOUGH TO TAKE UP SO MUCH SPACE



PLAYING WITH AINSLEY

BRAND NEW TULIP COVERED 'CLOGS'



No comments:

Post a Comment