Friday, October 16, 2015

NOS. 43,44,45,46,47,48,49 & 50.....EIGHT!!! I HAVE TO FIND EIGHT THINGS!

I was counting out the days and how many get rid ofs I needed to get together to make up the missed days and I need to go down those stairs and find eight things!  Sigh!

Anne came over on Tuesday and we spent a lovely day sitting in our respective rocking chairs in purple room, solving the world's problems.  Jeez...we cover everything...politics, personal lady stuff, children, books, CBC, movies, husbands, rellies (gossip time!), recipes,  and we spent a lot of time trying to remember words and what we were talking about!  She brought a roasted chicken with her so we sat in the newly usable dining room and lunched.  So much fun.

Yesterday (Wed) I pulled myself together and marched out the door and went off to buy dining room chairs.  If I don't do it right now, I won't have chairs for Christmas. 

 I had seen some on the Sears website so headed straight there.  I finally found their pitiful pathetic little area of furniture.  There were about three or four chair choices...all ugly and sure as hell not what I wanted.  The sales guy came over and I asked if that was all they had.  Yes.  It was.  So I then asked if I went over to customer service would I be able to order from a catalogue.  No.  I couldn't.  Some other company does Sears.ca now.  What??? 

 So I didn't react very nicely.  Then he said that people would come in to the store, try out the chairs then go home and order them online...saying this like it was a major crime.  So what? I say.  Its all the same company!  Nope...Sears.ca is not Sears.  I was MAD!  What a colossal waste of stupid time!!!  So I told him that I quit shopping at Sears forty years ago because they were so stupid and now it is my bad, thinking things could have changed.  I stomped out.

I went to a couple of other stores, but they are just so expensive.  I knew what I wanted, and they simply didn't have it.  Finally I remembered there was a wholesale place just below my house.  I went there, and no, they didn't have what I wanted there either....but....he had a huge catalogue I could order from.

  So I sat down, went through it, found what I was looking for and bought six of them.  He told me they will be here by the beginning of November.  Yippeee!!!  They are all cloth, off white, upholstery tacked around the edges (pretty).  At least I think thats what they looked like.  The pic in the book was teeny and when he brought it up on the computer, the screen was all reflecty and dirty and I couldn't really see the picture.  Oh well, I am sure they will be fine.

Then I headed up to Costco.  It was empty in there!  I had a very pleasant hour, wandering around, taste testing etc...The jeans they have in there for Monte are the only ones in Kamloops that fit him.  I bought a pair for him to try.  And they fit!  So I went back today and bought three more for him.  He goes through jeans like water.  

The doctor has put me on a couple of blood pressure meds.  One of them is to slow my heart rate down.  I have been having a couple of odd things happen so decided to look the pills up.  Long story short, the side effects seem to be due to a low pulse.  So I downloaded an app that measures your heart beat.  I also have a blood pressure thingy that also does heart beat.  Plus take my own pulse with a finger to the throat.  Its 34.  No matter how many times I check, its 34 - 38.  When I checked Monte's the same three ways, his always comes out around 95-99.  One thing having a low pulse does, you sleep like your dead, three times a day for a couple hours at a time.  I kind of like it!  Good thing I am retired and have the time to sleep.

Okay enough.  I am going to head down those stairs now.  TTYL
NO IDEA WHERE I BOUGHT THIS A MILLION YEARS AGO..NEVER USED IT


CHINESE LANTERNS....WE HAD SO MUCH FUN PICKING THEM OUT IN A WONDERFUL MARKET IN VIET NAM

ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL BOTTLES OF FRENCH PERFUME...WE BOUGHT THEM IN A PERFUMERY IN GRASSE, FRANCE


THE BOTTLES ARE EXQUISITE

I BROUGHT THIS TRAY BACK FROM ENGLAND...BOUGHT IT IN A DELIGHTFUL LITTLE SHOP IN STRATFORD UPON AVON

BOUGHT THIS IN A STORE NEXT DOOR TO THE ONE ABOVE


VERY HEAVY MOSAIC BOX


EMPTIED A BAG OF THINGS WE BOUGHT IN INDIA, CHINA AND ALASKA

1 comment:

  1. If the perfume smells nice, can I have them? You have to keep them for me. :]

    ReplyDelete