Monday, October 19, 2015

NO. 51 &52 VOTING DAY

It's been a nothing couple of days.  Monte and I did get the room downstairs done.  The carpet down there must have been scotch guarded or something.  Everything we move on it squeals like a little piggy.  And stuff sticks, its really really hard to pull stuff across it.

The whole 'move everything' started because of the corner gas stove.  I want to just leave it on low for the winter.  It will heat the whole house.  I like to keep the house around 16 degrees so I won't be using the furnace at all.  And even on low, it has to be freezing outside before I will put that little stove on.  We tested it out the other day when it was chilly out but not freezing.  It freaking went up to 21 degrees up here!!  Not happening!!  So its off until its freezing.

But, in order to use it I had to move the piano.  The side of the piano was getting hot and that isn't good.  And then of course a domino effect had to happen.  The big chairs had to move to make room for the rocking chair, to make room for the red dry sink, to make room for the piano and so on and so on.  

But we got it done.  We almost tipped the five thousand pound piano over!  and as we pushed and  pulled that thing, its on castors, it screamed the whole way over.  But I think we have it where it needs to go.  Monte also organized all the millions of records (note..I am the queen of hyperbole i just wanted an excuse to use that awesome word!).  I will take some pics, not that you are interested...I am also the queen of ennui (I think that means lethargy, not boredom).

So now I need to collect my hair into a publicly approved arrangement and head down to the polling station.  My goal is to make two friends whilst in line.  And I have decided to vote Liberal.  Why not?  I have always voted Lib so I might as well this time too.  I like Paul Martin and he is going to help Justy.  Good enough for me.

TTYL
TIME TO TOSS THAT OLD OLD CRITTER OUT


WHAT WAS I THINKING...THIS IS THE DEFINITION OF UGLY

THIS I SHOULD KEEP...ITS THE PERFECT EXAMPLE OF THE MOST USELESS THING I OWN.  IT CAN'T BE USED AS A VASE.  ITS TOO SMALL FOR A TRIFLE.  IT WOULDN'T BE SUITABLE FOR VEGGIES OR POTATOES.  LIKE WHAT THE HELL GOOD IS IT FOR?  I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE IT CAME FROM BUT I HAVE HAD IT FOR YEARS AND NEVER USED IT.

THERE IS BILL'S 49 POUNDER OVER THE PIANO

I WON'T BE LEAVING THE RCMP JACKET THERE FOREVER, BUT IT CAN HANG THERE FOR NOW.  THERE IS THE GAS STOVE.  THAT IS WHERE THE PIANO USED TO BE


THAT SET OF DRAWERS IS FULL OF MUSIC BOOKS AND THE TOP DRAWER HAS ALL MY GORGEOUS SILK I BROUGHT BACK FROM SHANGHAI

THAT CABINET IS STARK EMPTY!!!!!!


THAT BLUE COFFEE TABLE TRUNK IS FULL OF TOYS!

2 comments:

  1. I voted Liberal too! In an advanced poll. I love voting. And I love going out to vote! There is talk now and then to going for internet voting and I hope that never happens.

    Going out to the polls makes it more communal and makes it more real. Something you have to put an effort into and think about. The last thing we need is another mindless internet poll!

    At the beginning i wasnt sure, but Justin and his positive message won me over. But I even watch a local debate and that firmed up my choice. As the NDP guy was a car sales man, the Green guy was a turd, and hell will freeze over before I vote conservative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you meet two people at the poles? As for
    The crystal dish - I'd say it would be good for cranberry sauce.

    ReplyDelete