Monday, August 29, 2016

CORRECTION

I wrote a post back in late November, early December about how I had packed, unpacked, packed fridges..so many times in one year.  And I think I foolishly mentioned that at least now, that I had a brand new one without a dented door,  it would be a long long time before I would have to do it again.  Yeah.  Right.

This morning there was water all over the kitchen floor by the fridge (and also a puddle of very yellow dog pee...thank you very much little jerk dog).

What the hell?  I cleaned it up and hoped for the best.  I grabbed a V8 out of the fridge.  I drink an ice cold delicious V8 every morning...(and late morning, and lunch, and mid afternoon, and supper and two more before bed...I am addicted).  It wasn't ice cold.  It was medium cold.  What?  So I went to investigate.

Long ugly story short neither the upper fridge or lower freezer was working.  In fact the stuff in the freezer was well into a thaw...including my halibut!!!  Oh NO!!!

Kathy and Kerry had invited me right about then to MacDonalds for play time with Ainsley, but I told them why I couldn't and they came up, bless them, grabbed a cooler and took the fish and everything else that was still somewhat frozen.  They are filling their freezer and god knows when this thing will get fixed.

I spent close to four hours on the phone talking with various departments of Samsung.  Honest to God I kept my cool right to the end and then they asked me to take pics of my receipt and email it to them...won't fix it til they get that.  Well that was the last straw and I lost my sh*t all over them.  That pissed me off royally!  I've done it and if I don't hear from them within the next 48 hours I am going to go back to Best Buy and tell them to do the phoning and arranging.  I'm done.  I didn't have a fridge for four years when Aryn and Kevin were little and it was back when it actually got hot here in Kamloops.  We survived.

I also tried my first loaf of bread in my brand new ridonculously expensive bread maker.  I have decided to make four loaves of bread and if I don't like it I will take it back and buy a cheapo for fifty bucks.

So I started with plain white bread, rapid yeast mode, light brown crust, 2 lb size.  I followed the recipe exactly.  Well, when it was just coming to the end of the last rising cycle, just before baking, I checked it.  And it had risen and risen until it ran over the pan, stuck to the roof of the machine and when I opened the lid it sunk down somewhat in the middle.  Jeez!!!  It was like that old nursery rhyme about the peas porridge hot that ran over the pot and ran down the street.  Crazy!

I had a hell of a time getting that loaf out of the pan.  The pan has a handle so the loaf gets stuck and it was such a mess on top.  But, the bread itself was perfect!  I didn't know bread machines could make bread like that!  It rose beautifully and the texture was textbook!  I am going to make the next one a little smaller and see how that goes.

Anyhoo, I now sit here just a little traumatized with a giant cooler that has ice blocks (thank you Monte) in it to keep my tons of condiments cool.  I still have to clean up the guest room for Shannon's arrival tomorrow!  I can't wait!  TTYL

No comments:

Post a Comment