Monday, August 15, 2016

PORT ALBERNI

Its a good thing I like hotel rooms.  Not to throw Monte under the bus but it seems once I come back to my room late afternoon, thats where I stay til the next day.  I don't really mind though, as long as I have snacks and a lappy and phone I am good to go!

I always stay at the same hotel, The Hospitality Inn.  Its not the cheapest place and not really special...just really comfortable.  The rooms have all been redone nicely but....there are some drawbacks.  The toilet.  Lordy be!

If you move too much whilst sitting on that thing, it tips over.  How it even works is beyond me.  Anyway, Monte came in with me yesterday.  I warned him royally about the john and by the sounds of things in there, and he was in there a long time, it all went okay.

Later, much later, I went in to use it and it was plugged.  Totally plugged!  So I went down to the lobby to tell the really nice girl at the front desk.  I asked for a plunger.  She looked completely panicked!  No No, she says, I don't know where there is one....I think you should change rooms.  Well I put the immediate kibosh on that.  In spite of the turlett, I LIKE my room.  The bed is the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in and the bedding is heavenly.  I am trying to figure out how to steal it!  So she made a couple of phone calls and said that housekeeping would be back in half an hour.  I said I would wait.  That was at 8:05.

At 9:10 Monte called.  He was leaving his friends house and heading to Pats, where he is staying.  So I gave him sh*t for plugging the toilet and asked him to go to Walmart and buy me a plunger.  Which he did.  At nine thirty he waltzed in here and handed me a plunger.  No, I said, you plugged it...you unplug it.  Which he did, gagging and gasping and carrying on like a weenie!!!  But he did the job.  I told him to tell the girl on the way out we didn't need housekeeping anymore...not that they were ever going to show.

We have had a good time here.  The trip up was beautiful.  We had planned to stop in Coombs but it was fairday or something and there were so many cars for so many miles you couldn't even think of parking.  So on we went.

THIS WAS MY LUNCH.  VEGGIE QUESADILLA, GUAC, CORN SALSA, PINAPPLE SLAW.  IT WAS AWFUL.  THE TORTILLAS WERE LIKE CARDBOARD, THE VEGGIES WERE SOGGY AND TASTELESS, THE GUAC AND SALSA OKAY BUT THE SLAW TASTED LIKE HIPPIES...PACHOULI  

MONTE HAD SOMETHING CALLED SEAFOOD HOTPOT.  IT WAS SALMON AND PRAWNS IN A VERY STRONG KORMA TYPE CURRY.  NOT THAT GREAT...HE DIDN'T EAT MUCH OF IT.
  Yesterday we tripped around and went down to the pier.  We found an outdoor piano and we both played for a while.  Monte collected quite a crowd!  We bought amazing donuts at the most famous donut shop on the island and then back at Pats we cleaned out the van and repacked it in a very organized way.  And all that in forty degree temps out.  Its crazy hot in this town...sometimes its the hottest town in Canada.

I am not sure whats up for today.  I just want to get out of this room.  TTYL
THIS WAS AT THE MALAHAT LOOKOUT.  I WAITED AND WAITED AND WAITED AND THIS STUPID WOMAN WOULD NOT MOVE OUT OF THE WAY.  WHY DO PEOPLE STAND IN FRONT OF STATUES ETC AND NOT MOVE?  HAPPENS EVERYWHERE AND DRIVES ME NUTS.


THIS CAT WOULD NOT LEAVE MONTE ALONE AT PAT'S HOUSE.  MONTE HATES THIS CAT...IT SCRATCHES APPARENTLY!!!

THE FAMOUS DONUT SHOP


LOOKING DOWN THE ALBERNI INLET

SHE FILMED HIS WHOLE PERFORMANCE

BUYING MORE JEWELRY I WILL NEVER WEAR




3 comments:

  1. Can't say I've ever tasted a hippie... I'm guessing its a mixture of sweat, earth and skunk? Yum!

    Question:
    If you lick a hippie is it like licking some kinds of toads and you get a buzz? Or does it just make you want to lick the ground to get the taste off your tongue?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shannon! Loved your comment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cookie! Thanks!
      I finally crawled out from under my rock. It was nice and cool under there.

      Delete