Sunday, August 7, 2016

PIKE PLACE MARKET

I took pics of Kevin's place but, as I was clicking away on the inside of the house, they were giving me such a hard time about taking pics when the house wasn't pristinely clean that I had to quit.  And the place is so cozy and cute and it wasn't all that messy!  But I told them I wouldn't post the pics.  Jeez!

We left around noon and stopped on the way out of town for a bite to eat and a stop at London Drugs to look at camera stuff.  My stomach has been really off this whole trip.  I can't eat meat or really anything except for.....milkshakes.  And milkshakes are NOT something I have more than once a year.  But it is the one thing I can enjoy and keep down.  So I figure one milkshake a day won't be too awful on my system.

We drove all the way to Wenatchee for the first night.  We drove through a million apple orchards, a million wooden apple crates, a forest fire and lots of dams on the Columbia river.  A very pretty drive it was.  I don't remember much about Wenatchee.  Not the prettiest town we've ever seen.

Off to Seattle the next day.  We drove through forests and mountains and suddenly popped out in Seattle.  Thank God for the GPS...we would have been hooped!  We checked in to our hotel which turned out to be in the nether regions of very North Seattle.  

Yesterday we spent the whole day at Pike Market. That place is enormous and amazing!  We saw all sorts of things...I will put some pics at the bottom. I walked til I dropped.  There were so many people there that in places you could only stand there and not move.  We lunched at a unique funky little place...best clam chowder I have ever eaten.  Almost like a milkshake!

Now its eight in the morning.  Monte is still sleeping and I decided to catch up here.  Sorry its such a boring post.  I don't want to go into too much detail...thats as bad as showing someone a thousand pics of your trip!!  Today we head up to Vancouver...shopping along the way.  We will be in North Van for the next three nights.  Clare, I will give you a call and maybe we can get together for lunch!  TTYL
THE ONE PIC I KNOW THEY WON'T MIND ME POSTING....THEIR LIVING ROOM


MY NEW SHADES...25 BUCKS...NOT HUNDREDS LIKE SOME PEOPLE I KNOW SPEND!

YOU CAN JUST SEE THE HELICOPTER DUMPING WATER...THE ROAD CLOSED BEHIND US, WE WERE LUCKY TO GET THROUGH WHEN WE DID

THIS BLEW MONTE'S MIND!

Add caption


PIELLA   DELICIOUS

I LIKED THESE GUYS SO MUCH I BOUGHT THEIR CD...THE GUY BENT OVER IS THE MAIN SINGER AND HE SOUNDED JUST LIKE SATCHMO!

THE GUM WALL...SO GROSS AND THE WHOLE ALLEY SMELLED FRUITY

No comments:

Post a Comment