Saturday, August 20, 2016

FLASHING BLUE LIGHTS

Something woke me up around two in the morning last night.  As I opened my eyes I noticed the room had a flashing blue light reflecting.  Then it came to my attention that there was a lot of yelling and screaming going on outside.

There is one house below me that tends to party late into the evening.  They are very noisy, but usually they sound very happy.  Often there are kid noises too...so no concern really.

But last night something went wrong!  Holy Hannah!!!  I couldn't see much but as I listened I could tell that several men and what sounded like one woman were pretty agitated and angry and NOT co operating with the cops.  Finally a paddy wagon showed up and several people were hauled off!  This is not something we see here in Stepford 'Burbs.  And then do you think I could go to sleep?  No!  I read for the rest of the night.

A friend of Monte's has been here for the last couple of nights.  She is so awesome, smart and totally enjoyable.  She lives in Prince George, last year of nursing and stopped here on her way back up to continue her schooling.  What a delightful girl!  And it gave me a reason to make dinner...not something I do very much anymore.

I made scalloped potatoes.  As I have mentioned before I always make Betty Crocker mix.  Home made are never good...runny and taste faintly like fish.  Idaho brand tastes like margarine.  And that was the only brand I had.  They liked them but I sure didn't.  So take note, let me be your experimenter, only cook Betty Crocker...they are so damned good, especially compared to any other.  And...most exciting...I cooked up our first feed of zucchini!!!  Awesomely delicious!  I fried up a batch of onions and added the chopped zucchini and tons of garlic and bay leaves chopped up.  Mmmmmm...so good and so fun to hunt down those rascally zucchinis hiding in the vines.

Okay, I have a 'vent'.  This is a very boring one to all of you so you can skip this.

Nothing fits me anymore.  All my nice clothes that I would wear in Paris, the clothes I took on cruises, are waaaaay to huge on me.  They are pretty much all 5X....I do actually like my clothes to hang, not cling to rolls, so I would buy clothes that were looser than maybe they needed to be.  But they looked okay, much better than tight ones.

Well, I dug out the usual batch of dressier stuff I would pack back a year or two for the latest cruise.  And they are ridiculous!  Actually I looked like I was playing dressup!  I cannot believe how much smaller I am.  I know I am still fat so in my head I don't feel like I have changed that much.  I mean when I sit down I still have a big fat roll around my gut.

At lunch with the native ladies the other day I felt right at home.  Native ladies tend to have solid large tummies, no ass and skinny legs.  I felt like I fit right in.  One lady asked what band I was from!!!

But here is the dilemma.  The fat lady store here is closed while its being totally revamped.  And it is in the kind of dismantled disarray that says its going to be closed for a long time.  And seriously, it is the only chain store in Canada that sells clothes that fit me.  I might have to make a trip to Kelowna or Vernon...whichever is nearest.  I need to get my clothes issue settled so I can pack. I can't sleep properly until I am packed.

Okay, enough rambling.  TTYL




2 comments:

  1. You are going to have such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where are we cruising too? Ill get my bag and wait on the dock ;-)

    ReplyDelete