Friday, August 12, 2016

I'M SORRY CLARE

I simply could not get away this week.  I was in Vancouver for a couple of days but was either tied up or didn't have a vehicle.  I want to see you folks so badly too.  But I do believe I have to come down in the next two weeks or so and I shall call you.

I had a lovely time with April one day.  She was off work and painting a turtle picture.  So we had lots of time to visit and show each other music and you tubes.  Monte dropped in and out and not too late he came and picked me up to go back to the hotel.  We had an early night.

The next evening Myles, April, Myles folks and Baka and Aryn met us at Seymours for dinner.  We had so much fun!  Heli is so funny and kept us entertained.  And it was nice to see Myles and his dad busy talking about work.  His dad, Gary, was a longshoreman for years and Myles is a two year newbie so lots to talk about.  The food was good and the company was stellar so a good time was had by all.

The next morning we had to get up at 4:45 am to get the six ferry to Nanaimo.  Gads!!! getting too old for that.  We slept in the van all the way over.

We stopped in Langford and drove by our last house.  Its looking pretty rough.  And the saddest thing of all...they let my mom's dogwood that Aunty Jan gave us and Bill planted...die.  Stupid people.

We went into  the Langford Market Place, our fave store when we lived there.  I picked up all kinds of things that are hard to find elsewhere.  And Kathy, if you are reading this, I picked up a number of various curry mixtures to experiment with making curried chicken.  I also got our fave pickles and a host of other stuff.  I also popped into Stokes and got stuff I wished I had bought whilst we lived there:  cream and sugar, pasta maker, salt and pepper shakers etc..

We met with Austin last night and went to Pagliacci's for dinner.  Jeez, their food is good.  Then Austin gave me a tour around Victoria in his ancient but well preserved BMW convertible...Arctic Monkeys blasting.  What a hoot and sooooo much fun!!!  We made Monte drive his van to Austin's place and wait there.  Spent the rest of the evening drinking hand ground coffee and listening to music and arguing about the virtues, or lack thereof, of Kanye West.  Fun!!!

Today we just tooted around and took pics and sightseed.  I did pop into the fat lady store and bought two new t shirts...five bucks each!  Score!!!  and I am three whole sizes down from the highest I have had to buy.  I don't know really how that happened but I aint complaining!

Now its mid afternoon and we are back in our crazy room at the Zed, taking a rest and gearing up for the evening...whatever that may bring.  Tomorrow we are off to Port Alberni.  TTYL
STOPPED AT A COSTCO IN THE STATES


A SHOT OF DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER FROM GRANVILLE ISLAND

THE KIDS AT GRANVILLE ISLAND

A TINY HOUSE I COULD LIVE IN HAPPILY...WINDSHIELD MARKS UP THERE

ON THE WAY TO VICTORIA

JOHNSON STREET BRIDGE IN VICTORIA

DOWNTOWN VICTORIA

PROBABLY ON HIS WAY TO A BAGPIPE PRACTICE

HEADING INTO THE FOUR MILE PUB FOR LUNCH...GREEK SALAD AND CRAB SALAD

No comments:

Post a Comment