Friday, August 26, 2016

FAT LADY BUCKS

Holy Hannah!!!!  Talk about spend money.  I made out like a bandit.

I took Molly up to the kennel, oops, resort, as they like to call it.  She came back from there in pretty rough shape last time and I do believe its just from all the running around and playing with the other dogs.  So this time I have asked them to keep her a little more quiet.  They said they would keep her in her 'suite' a little more.  Plus they are going to feed her three times a day.  She is so raggedy skinny.  Its always such a freeing feeling dropping her off.  I still haven't picked her up!  I could have this morning but I want to work in the garage and not worry about her taking off.

We had a fantastic trip to Kelowna.  I didn't get much at Additionelle...the more expensive fat lady store but I hit pay dirt at Penningtons.  They had just put out all their new stuff...which was quite nice for a change.  I am def down two sizes!  Always exciting when that happens.  So, with Paris in mind, I bought about ten new gorgeous tops.  Now the problem is what to put them with.  I cannot find pants to fit..even though I have lost weight.  This was a problem back when I was 114 pounds...yes! all you disbelievers, I WAS 114 pounds once upon a time!  Then babies, tumours, menopause and quitting smoking happened.  Sigh.

But back to the most exciting conversation about pants....oh never mind.  Just believe me when I tell ya...there ain't no pants out there where the waist istn't  up to my armpits or the crotch hanging down  around my knees.  So I am not sure what I am going to do.  Tights are great but if it gets hot I am hooped.

Kelowna is quite the place.  They have more shopping in one square block than all of North and West Vancouver has.  They have everything...even a Lenscrafters, which I almost had to go to.

It was the middle of the night.  Monte was sleeping on the giant King size bed.  I was sleeping on a narrow love seat...my preferred choice.  It was perfect for my hip. 

Well it was pitch freaking black in that room.  And when I got back to the couch from a bathroom trip, feeling carefully all along the way, I sat down and swivelled to lay down and completely fell off the couch, flat on my back and royally smacked my head on something really hard on the way down.  I tell you, I saw stars!  I had to lay there for a minute to regain my composure! It's not often one falls!

The next morning I couldn't find my glasses.  I had left them on the little coffee table in front of the love seat.  Eventually I found them on the floor, totally bent completely out of shape.  I must have whacked them when I took that tumble.  And no matter how much I bend them and fix them, they don't quite sit right now.  Dammit!!!  And there's no lenscrafters here in Kamloops.  Its driving me nuts.

We had a great trip home.  We stopped in Vernon for a while and went to a record store.  That place was the venue where Monte's band played.  It was such a beautiful day and beautiful trip home.  Kalamalka lake was an incredible colour.

Well I am back into the garage to do some more sorting, storing and sweeping.  It's just too easy to let the garage get into a crazy upheaval and mess.  I am determined to keep this house two weeks from sell ready so that means keeping the garage clean.  TTYL
ONE OF THE SHIRTS I BOUGHT...AND A BLACK ONE AND A PEACHY ONE


KALAMALKA LAKE

ANOTHER ONE...FUZZY PICS SORRY

I REALLY LIKED THIS ONE

I GOT THE CAPE...IT LOOKS SO COOL  ITS MADE OF SOFT WOOL AND WILL SMELL LIKE A WET DOG IF IT RAINS....AND IT RAINS A LOT IN PARIS.  MAYBE I WILL SCOTCH GUARD IT...CAN YOU DO THAT TO CLOTHES OR IS THAT ONLY FOR CARPETS AND COUCHES?



2 comments: