Sunday, August 28, 2016

THE DAY OF THE TRIFFIDS

Does anyone remember this book or movie?  Triffids were big plants that took over everything and everybody.  Well I think I will write a book called "The Day of the Zucchinis".  Jeez, those things have a life of their own.  And the blighters hide their fruit so that when you finally dig your way through the thorny painful vines and leaves, you find one thats been hiding and now so huge and woody they are useless and inedible.  Its like a game!

Anne came up to visit me today and after a trip to the mall we hauled out the mandolin and old timey grater and grated up bags and bags of zucchini...froze them in two cup batches...just right for the bread I am going to make in my brand spanking new Cuisinart bread machine.

Yup!!!  I went to Hudson Bay today and bought one!  That sucker makes gluten free bread (not that I need that), low carb bread, white and wheat bread, raison bread, pizza dough, pasta dough, and it even makes jam!  Crazy!!!

Monte and I don't eat much bread.  But when we do I want GOOD homemade bread.  So a loaf now and then, then frozen, is perfect.  And...we now have a hand crank pasta maker and apparently this machine makes awesome pasta dough!  And you never know when you have three cups of berries hanging around with nowhere to go....bam! into this machine along with sugar and stuff and push the right button and Presto! you have jam!!!

Well tomorrow is clothes closet day.  My closet is in a total disaster mode.  You can't even walk through it.  So I am going to sort and pack, store, throw out, put away a million clothes.  And right now the guest bed is covered with all my Paris options.  That must be packed until closer to the trip.  I need to clear off that bed.

Then....the dreaded hell hole.  I just don't understand where all the crap comes from.  I don't get it.  Once again you can hardly walk in the room.  That is going to change.  I just don't know how!  

Off to bed now.  I have had a long and good day.  TTYL

1 comment:

  1. I would scare my sisters with that Day of the Triffids story! and then my kids!:]

    ReplyDelete