Monday, January 20, 2020

ANOTHER WEEK GONE BY.....HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN SO FAST?


The week goes by so fast and so little happens that I am always shocked by how long its been since I last posted.  Let's see....

I went to the lab.  Always fun.  It didn't take long.  The biggest issue was the lack of parking.  There is lots of parking but every single spot was full.  I thought for sure I was going to sit in the waiting room for ages but it wasn't bad.  I have no idea where everybody was cuz the walk in clinic waiting room next door wasn't real full either.  The people waiting in the lab area were mostly old men.  So we had a grand old time kabissing and joking and making friends.  People in this town aren't afraid to talk and tease.  Super friendly.

I can't remember if I mentioned that Peter and I went to see the movie Knives Out.  It was great!  The settings were so amazing I wouldn't have minded going back to see it again just to look at the rooms in that old mansion.

Last night we went to the first film festival movie. First let me say, pompously and judgementally, I was surprised, very surprised that this little unsophisticated town even had a film fest.  And I was also shocked at the theatre.  I will mention that later.

We saw the Asian movie "the Farewell".  It starred that awesome actress Awkwafina.  If you saw Crazy Rich Asians, she was the lesbian sidekick to the main star.  In my opinion she stole that show!  So I was pretty excited to go see Farewell.  Meh...it was okay.  It did spark some convo between Peter and I.....mostly revolving around death.  And the popcorn was fantastic I must say!

Now...the theatre.  From the outside its pretty rundown with a small parking lot.  It looks a lot like those old, kind of spooky theatres in scary movies.  We totally expected filthy, flat, shiny from over use carpeting, small (old seats accommodated a much skinnier audience in the old days)  seats, smelly atmosphere from years and years of old frying oil etc......

Well, were we in for a shock!!!!! The theatre had been closed for a few years and in the last year of that closure....magic happened!  It was huge in that theatre, and every single row of seats were giant leather recliners.  (I have a feeling I have already told you guys this.  Apologies if I have but its almost worth another mention it was so unexpectedly fantastic). I know in Vancouver some of the theatres have added a 'lounge' with comfy recliners etc.....I have been in a couple.  And they can't hold a candle to our theatre!!!  It was all new, massive seating, smelling awesome....We were shocked!

So, last night....We sort of sauntered down to the theatre, in the jeep, a half hour before the show.  And they were almost sold out!!!!  I really thought that half the theatre would be empty.  Without question Peter was the youngest person there....a lot of grey heads in there.  But every single last seat was sold.  I couldn't believe it!  There are four movies, one a month, in this little film festival, last night's was first.  We are going to see if there is a place in town to buy advance tickets.

Busy week this week.  Tomorrow I am going to go and spend the morning attempting to see the doctor in the walk in.  Time for pill renewals. Wednesday we are going to Nanaimo to go to Costco and I need to return a couple of things to the Fat Lady Store.  I need an ass.  The bathing suit I ordered is laughable.  I fit the top just fine but I can literally fit my whole waist down in one leg hole.  Then Thursday I clean and set the table for lasagna night Friday.  Plus I will make the puddings for the desserts.

I did get some of my projects done.  My room, the xmas tree, my papers, the table etc...But I still need to do the deck.  I have been waiting for the sun and right now it seems the sun is out!!!  So I shall go at it now.  I apologize for such a mundane posting here, but that's just how life is at the moment.  I think I am going to try to write a post, a short one, talking like one of the bachelorettes on that show.  A friend from Maui and I watch it then email scathing emails after each show to each other.  So be prepared, its going to be a 'like' forward post!  I'm gonna try!  TTYL






No comments:

Post a Comment