Sunday, January 26, 2020

THE ONLY GOOD GNOME IS A HUNG GNOME

Dinner was wonderful.  I just love this group of people.  They are so kind and interesting and such a happy bunch....at least when they are here.  A few couldn't make it this time so the table was a little more manageable.  

The lasagnas were surprisingly good.  I don't think I will ever be making my own in the future.  Lasagna isn't really on my supper rotation anyway.  I think I am more like my dad than I realized.  He didn't like either pasta or rice...a potato man all the way.  And I have always said that my desert island food would be the holy potato.  I could live on them!

I made Caesar salad and over cooked the garlic bread....they were pretty dark and crunchy.  The pies turned out delicious, messy but delicious.  The little gift boxes with fudge and skittles were a hit too.  The whole evening was a lot of fun.

Yesterday (Saturday) the boys headed down to Victoria.  Levi bought them all Wolf Parade concert tickets for last night.  So I packed up all the leftovers that were left over from  packing up food to send home with our guests.  Apparently there was enough food that all four boys, Austin was there too, had a full dinner of them.  

I had a rare night alone last night.  I'm not sure I liked it!  Monte will be  home later and Peter is off to Salt Spring to visit a friend for a day or two.  I have to go get my pills today and the kids have my jeep.  So I shall have to climb into Monte's van, figure it out and head to the drug store.  Which of course means getting out of my pj's and going out the door..not my fave thing I must say.

I named the gnomes.  Their names are Grandy and Grub.  I will take some pics and put them below.  I hate to admit it but I am already a wee bit partial to the wee ones.  I think I am willing to eat a little crow here.  I kind of thought I would hate them and throw them out, but I don't.  They remind me a lot of Dead Bob.  He wasn't the family favourite but I do miss him at times.

Well time to pull my duds on and get going.  Trying to get hold of Monte to see if he is coming home today.  I want to stuff kabocha squash but not just for myself.  I think there is a Weiner left in the fridge for dinner if he isn't coming home.  TTYL



THREE CHOCOLATE BANANA CREAM PIES AND TWO LEMON MERINGUE AND ONE WITHOUT MERINGUE

THE HAPPY WINTER HOLIDAY TABLE. (which looks like Ikea or Best Buy tables)

GRUB

GRANDY


No comments:

Post a Comment